Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New member

Donnie, I can speak to the advertising issue.

POG is very fortunate to have a group of sponsors whose monthly fees help keep this site functioning, who participate in our rallies, and who contribute technical knowledge to the group. As sponsors they not only advertise on our site, some are active in posting and sharing their expertise. We in POG do not hesitate to recommend or use the services of our sponsors.

Because they pay to participate it is unfair to them to allow a POG member whose only cost is the annual dues to "advertise" on the forum.

If you have a business and you specialize in Prevost conversions you are welcome as a member and we would love your participation. You can post your advice, opinions, and suggestions, or just get involved in the horseplay. But it is not fair to encourage members to bring their coaches to your for you to work on or repair for compensation unless you are a sponsor.

I don't have any financial interest in POG, I am not in the bus repair business, but I enjoy working on my bus and assisting others. But for me it is a hobby. If it is more than a hobby for you then I think it is completely appropriate for you to see if you are satisfied as strictly a POG member, or if you want to go beyond that and become a sponsor which offers you the opportunity to have advertising, to solicit business and enables you to interact with all the members of POG as both a member and a business seeking POG members as customers.

I have no idea what Jim will say, but I presume it will be similar to what I just said.

Donnie_M Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Donnie, I can speak to the advertising issue.

POG is very fortunate to have a group of sponsors whose monthly fees help keep this site functioning, who participate in our rallies, and who contribute technical knowledge to the group. As sponsors they not only advertise on our site, some are active in posting and sharing their expertise. We in POG do not hesitate to recommend or use the services of our sponsors.

Because they pay to participate it is unfair to them to allow a POG member whose only cost is the annual dues to "advertise" on the forum.

If you have a business and you specialize in Prevost conversions you are welcome as a member and we would love your participation. You can post your advice, opinions, and suggestions, or just get involved in the horseplay. But it is not fair to encourage members to bring their coaches to your for you to work on or repair for compensation unless you are a sponsor.

I don't have any financial interest in POG, I am not in the bus repair business, but I enjoy working on my bus and assisting others. But for me it is a hobby. If it is more than a hobby for you then I think it is completely appropriate for you to see if you are satisfied as strictly a POG member, or if you want to go beyond that and become a sponsor which offers you the opportunity to have advertising, to solicit business and enables you to interact with all the members of POG as both a member and a business seeking POG members as customers.

I have no idea what Jim will say, but I presume it will be similar to what I just said.
    I really appreciate your input. I am fully aware of the rules as Jim and I have been in contact. The only question was ....how to answer a question asked by a member and stay within the site rules. I did not come here to "advertise". I was asked by several members to come here to assist folks with their issues. I do not advertise at all.

Donnie - What took you so long......This group needs you, and you need this group. Very simple solution......become a sponsor.

Ken
    Ken Robertson
    Parliament Motor Coach - 727-748-5986

Donnie_M Guest

Pass the hat around Ken and Git-R-Done! Ha Ha.. Heck I don't even have a logo..lol

Donnie,

Again offering an opinion which may not be consistent with Jim's policy, if you are asked a question don't be shy answering it it you know the answer. That saves those of us that make up answers a lot of time. You are likely to even offer the correct answers, a standard we do not necessarily subscribe to. Where the line gets crossed is when you make it clear you are a business, or a member makes it clear you are a business and you or the member start to solicit customers. We have sponsors that liikely compete with you and if they are paying to be sponsors, and you are siphoning business from them off this site it becomes an issue.

I don't believe any of our sponsors fear competition, but what they may fear is competing on an unlevel playing field in which they pay to participate in POG as sponsors, and someone who pays far less than they do is allowed to compete against them for customers.

As to Michael's concern about stirring the pot, I don't think he went far enough. In addition to a full and complete resume, we expect newcomers to also provide copies of the last three year's tax returns, plus we all expect the normal newcomer's gift. The last new POG member provided all of us with 56" Snap On tool chests. I'm looking forward to your gift.

Welcome aboard.

Donnie_M Guest

Just so you and the "sponsors" know, I had no idea what was on here and who wrote it until yesterday after I paid 100.00 so I could read what people wrote about me. I have had several people tell me they saw my name on this website and curiosity got to me...lol The reason I feel comfortable about coming on here is I have my own customer base so I'm not looking to "pull" anyone from here. Rick May, Ken, and several others can vouch for that. That's also why I am hesitant about providing the diagram requested by another member in another thread. I like to play by the rules

Welcome to POG Donnie. Its always interesting here. It sounds like youve already got the hang of it .
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Donnie,

Welcome aboard POG. Sinch up your seat belt you are beginning the ride of a lifetime. I, like Richard, did the math and it seems you are only 42 years of age. Notice I did not use the "O" word. No not O'bama! It is nice to see a new member that probably still has hair and their hair has not yet started to turn silver.

One thing to watch out for here is sheep. Yep that's right, sheep. Of course right now the cheif sheep boy is tied up with a little oil spill in the Gulf. But you can count on him coming back strong. Don't open any emails you may receive from an ACME PRODUCTS! You may get more than a virus!

Donnie_M Guest

Well thanks Will! Unfortunately all these years of type "A" personalities is releasing the silver..lol Of course nowadays I just keep my hair almost shaved. Thanks for the heads up, I'm pretty good with sheep...Did I just say that.....

hey donnie this is rick m glad to see you here ,remember that day you showed up at mitchells, have had alot of adventures together since,hope more in the future at kerville??