Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member

Hybrid View

hey donnie this is rick m glad to see you here ,remember that day you showed up at mitchells, have had alot of adventures together since,hope more in the future at kerville??

Greetings,

Guess I’m the new kid on the block this week or perhaps I’m just another old bald guy. My wife and I recently purchased a new to us 97 Prevost Royale Conversion # 199. We found it in Texas and drove it back to the Republic of California without a single issue.

We are intrigued by the adventures that lie ahead and have been reading most anything we can get our hands on. We can’t seem to find much information on how many Prevost conversions were made by the various converters. Just how many are in this group?

My only complaint with the coach is the need to run the generator to operate the roof air in the bedroom when stopped for a nap. I know it’s customary to make some changes to make the coach your own. My project will be to design and build a 28 volt air conditioner to operate directly from the house batteries.

Since my present occupation is as a thermal management systems engineer designing cooling systems for military vehicles and aircraft, I see little problem making it happen.

I have also read some posts regarding the addition of a pressure washer with a deionizing filter for rinsing the coach, that’s next on the list.
    Look forward to meeting some of you at future events.

John

Donnie, I can speak to the advertising issue.

POG is very fortunate to have a group of sponsors whose monthly fees help keep this site functioning, who participate in our rallies, and who contribute technical knowledge to the group. As sponsors they not only advertise on our site, some are active in posting and sharing their expertise. We in POG do not hesitate to recommend or use the services of our sponsors.

Because they pay to participate it is unfair to them to allow a POG member whose only cost is the annual dues to "advertise" on the forum.

If you have a business and you specialize in Prevost conversions you are welcome as a member and we would love your participation. You can post your advice, opinions, and suggestions, or just get involved in the horseplay. But it is not fair to encourage members to bring their coaches to your for you to work on or repair for compensation unless you are a sponsor.

I don't have any financial interest in POG, I am not in the bus repair business, but I enjoy working on my bus and assisting others. But for me it is a hobby. If it is more than a hobby for you then I think it is completely appropriate for you to see if you are satisfied as strictly a POG member, or if you want to go beyond that and become a sponsor which offers you the opportunity to have advertising, to solicit business and enables you to interact with all the members of POG as both a member and a business seeking POG members as customers.

I have no idea what Jim will say, but I presume it will be similar to what I just said.

Donnie_M Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Donnie, I can speak to the advertising issue.

POG is very fortunate to have a group of sponsors whose monthly fees help keep this site functioning, who participate in our rallies, and who contribute technical knowledge to the group. As sponsors they not only advertise on our site, some are active in posting and sharing their expertise. We in POG do not hesitate to recommend or use the services of our sponsors.

Because they pay to participate it is unfair to them to allow a POG member whose only cost is the annual dues to "advertise" on the forum.

If you have a business and you specialize in Prevost conversions you are welcome as a member and we would love your participation. You can post your advice, opinions, and suggestions, or just get involved in the horseplay. But it is not fair to encourage members to bring their coaches to your for you to work on or repair for compensation unless you are a sponsor.

I don't have any financial interest in POG, I am not in the bus repair business, but I enjoy working on my bus and assisting others. But for me it is a hobby. If it is more than a hobby for you then I think it is completely appropriate for you to see if you are satisfied as strictly a POG member, or if you want to go beyond that and become a sponsor which offers you the opportunity to have advertising, to solicit business and enables you to interact with all the members of POG as both a member and a business seeking POG members as customers.

I have no idea what Jim will say, but I presume it will be similar to what I just said.
    I really appreciate your input. I am fully aware of the rules as Jim and I have been in contact. The only question was ....how to answer a question asked by a member and stay within the site rules. I did not come here to "advertise". I was asked by several members to come here to assist folks with their issues. I do not advertise at all.