Thread: Hello Royale Owners

dreamchasers Guest

Default Hello Royale Owners

Hello Royal owners.

I am asking a question for my neighbor and friend. He has a 1997 Royale, 45 feet, with approximately 100,000 miles. It is in great condition, but he is having an issue with the generator.

When pushing the generator start button, he gets no response.

In trying to assist him, I am curious about what does Royale use for coach control? For example, when a button is pushed on a control panel, does the switch activate the device directly or is a control system used to interface the signals?

As a Country Coach owner, I am very familiar with the CCC control system used in my coach, however, I draw a blank on the Royale.

Any help is appreciated.

Hector

My 2000 Royale has a generator start battery. My battery finally quit and pushing the gen. start button did nothing. Mine has a switch in the row of gen. control switches that will use the house batteries to start the gen when held in. Would try this first as when my gen battery went dead pushing any gen. control button did nothing. Mine uses a Lifeline starting battery.

The generator start switch on the dash sets a simple relay that tells the generator controller to start the generator. If the generator battery is good then the generator turns over until it starts. If the generator immediately shuts down after starting it most likely is a symptom of a bad sensor on the generator telling the generator controller to shut the unit down. If the generator fails to turn over then I would try illiminating the dash switch and relay by trying to start the generator right at the generator. There shoudl be a start switch in the generator bay right out front and a second one back on the control box once you pull the generator out.

You didn't mention which generator model your frined has but I'm guessing it's a power Tech. I just had some time with their Technical support and they are very helpful.

The most knowledgeable person I know on Royale Buses is Dan Jourdan of Phoenix Royale up in Indiana.

On our 97 Royale you pushed the dash start button, the preglow begins, starter turns engine for a predetermined time then stops.
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES