Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Electricians out there?

Richard,

Check this link below:

http://myrv.us/electric/

Alek

Richard have you tried plugging in to your neighbors outlet, and see if anything is different? LIke Jon said you may have a bad box. How do your lugs look bright and shiney brass? If not clean them.
    GregM

I had a problem with the exact same symptoms. In my case the surge protector was the problem. The LED read fine because the power coming into the surge protector was fine.... but I was not getting power through the surge protector on one leg.

I would try connecting without the surge protector to remove one variable and determine if the surge protector is contributing to the problem. Of course, you could also simply measure the current at the outlet of the surge protector to verify if it is working or not.

As always I appreciate the immediate help you guys offer and I'm always somewhat red faced when I haven't checked the obvious. Paul was right on target! Because the surge protector was relatively new, I didn't check the power coming through it. The LED readout showed no error code. When I disconnected it and plugged the shore power cord directly to the 50amp service the problem was resolved. I've called Progressive Industries and they are sending a new surge protector overnight.

Many thanks to those of you that responded especially Ray Davis who offered to come to Long Beach over the weekend to help me trouble shoot the issue and to Kevin Erion who offfered to test and make any repairs needed to my shore power cord. You guys are the best!
    Richard and Audrey Barnes
    and Jessie Jane The Wonder Dog!
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

My Blood Runs Deep Orange

Yep.... mine was a Progressive Industries unit as well.

Glad it was an easy fix......