Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OTR Compressor Oil

We are on I 5 in a rest stop south of Harris Ranch, waiting for a tow truck. OTR compressor
    went BANG, black smoke everywhere. Luckely we were just getting ready
    To pull out. Good Sam has a arranged theTow, ( waiting now 4 hours) taking it to Fresno. Any suggestions?

Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Just curious. If the OTR compressor went bang why is a tow truck required? On that vintage3 coach with OTR the belt tensioning cylinders (the brass ones) can be released by turning the knob at the top center of the engine bay, the compressor belt removed and now the compressor is out of service and the bus can be driven.

I would rather eat bees than see my coach towed.

Hi Jon
    Problem is, I see a bunch of stuff when I look back there. Tow driver did just that, but not until on the truck.
    Brought us to Fresno, dropped at a storage lot at 0437hours. Now waiting for him to take it to Valley Detroit
    Desiel.

Jim,

On this site is contact information for members. But also this is a good place to post stuff if you need questions answered right away. Usually folks are pretty quick at answering. If you call someone just tell them you are a POG member. They likely will not ask for the secret handshake, but may expect funds wired to a Swiss bank account.

I don't know your level of experience with your coach or your mechanical skills but towing or trailering is usually reserved for the most dire of circumstances. A tow truck operator is unlikely to talk you out of a tow.

As Prevost owners we are perceived by some as "fair game" so those of us who have the scars will be more than happy to help you avoid becoming victims as we may have been from time to time. Use this site to get to know your coach, to get to know other members (not that I would recommend that) and to ask questions. A lot of the time if you have a problem we can help you via the forum, emails or phone.

For our benefit tell us what the problem is when you get an analysis. It does not sound like an AC compressor if the coach has to go to Detroit Diesel.