Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Big Radiator Fan "HUB"

Default Big Radiator Fan "HUB"

Howdy all from East TN.

Joe Cannarozzi came to visit this weekend and do work on bus. One thing he identified (when checking all belts) was loud fan and fan hub, which didn't roll smoothly. He said Jim Chaloupka and (I think) Ed Mrozek had similar issue. What was your experience with this item? Did you have to order new and install? Any options besides the relatively pricey Prevost route?

Any help anyone on the site (in addition to Jim and Ed) can provide, I would appreciate. Thanks.

Eric Faires
    Huntsville, TN
    2003 Liberty

Hi Eric. I think I read a post last year about changing out the fan hub. I thought it was a relatively simple replacement.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Lightbulb

Yes I changed mine out this time last year, so did Andre. Kevin E, Lonesome George and also Pete. I imagine there are others as well.

Just order up the part from Prevost about $1,100.00 and let Joe change it out.

My take is check it regularly by turning the fan itself and the fan drive pulley(two separate things to check for smoothness of operation) without the belt in place.

If you feel you must wash your engine keep the water away from the fan clutch.

The Prevost manual states do not power wash or steam clean the fan blade, use diesel fuel and a soft brush only.

I think there are three threads maybe two and an article by Andre.

JIM

sawdust_128 Guest

Not me. Andre did this and I believe he did an article on the process.

Jimmy C - This is the second day in a row that I asked you to post a link for the old threads instead of starting new multiple threads of the same subject. It takes time to merge all these similar threads and I'm sure not everyone wants to scroll through 60 old threads just to look at the latest post.

Are you testing me for a "delete" function?