Thread: Replacing dash lights

Hybrid View

Hey Jeff,

The grabber latches are made by Southco. Here is their website - http://www.southco.com/list/c3-grabb...age=1&filters=

Jeff Bayley Guest

Gary- Thanks for the link to the latches.

On a 94 Chassis and up, does anyone know if the side marker lights are 12 volt or 24 volt ? I'm getting mixed answers but the bulbs I have in my tool box I picked up once are 24 volt but they might still light up if the bus requires 12 volt. I couldn't find 12 volt on Bulbtown to match what I had, just 24 volt. But someone told me they changed them over to 12 volt by the time my years came along.

Jeff Bayley Guest

I'm going to start keeping records of this stuff so I found the model numbers for the bulbs from bulbtown.com at least. Here they are for a 1997 and I'm fairly certain the bulbs are unchanged to date but not positive.

386 #386 MINIATURE BULB MIDGET GROOVE BASE 12 Quanity $0.95 $11.40 (These are for the square, colored, push button control panel lights)
    2721 #2721 MINIATURE BULB SUB-MINIATURE WEDGE (W2x4.6d) BASE 15 Quanity $0.65 $9.75 (These are for the rocker switches)
    1873 MINIATURE BULB BA9S BASE #1873 MINIATURE BULB BA9S BASE 12 Quanity $0.69 $8.28 (These are 24 volt bulbs for the side marker lights)

Easiest way to tell is get yourself a Volt/Ohm meter, turn the lights on and put the leads across the two contacts for the light (center and outside). You'll know very quickly if they are 12 or 24 v. Good piece of equipment to have around the bus. You can pick them up cheap almost anywhere.