Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacing dash lights

jelmore Guest

Default Replacing dash lights

I have a couple of lights out on my dash. Here's the panel:

P5178493.jpg

Opened up the dash panel to look behind and there's this bracket that looks like it holds everything in.

P5178495..jpg

Not sure what I should or should not be taking apart. I'm wondering if the panel can be open from the front. Anyone done this? It might be specific to a 2000 conversion. Don't know and thought someone here would. Thanks for any advice, including "don't".

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jelmore View Post
    I have a couple of lights out on my dash.
    I'm replying to my own post since this didn't make it to "new posts" this morning. Sort of a repost.

Arrow

Can't help you Jim, your dash doesn't look anything like mine.

JIM

Jim,

Maybe Paul can help you.

I had a few lamps out when I bought my '01. Buddy Gregg replaced the entire assembly at their cost! It seemed like killing a fly with a sledgehammer to me, but they said it was the only option.

????

John B
    Busless in Knoxville

Sorry, Jim.

Although I have the identical dash, I've never had the need (or the courage) to try to dismantle it.

Hope you make out OK....

I think JDub replaced some dash lights.
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Do a search. I think JDUB posted the ordeal on the forum. As I remember it was not fun.

Perhaps a simpler and more easily serviced answer would be to use a miner's helmet while driving at night.

I in fact did change out some dash lights. However, the Marathon has an access panel right behind the instrument cluster to facilitate the change. But you will need the special Prevost light bulb remover widget to get them out.

And I in fact cheated the system and changed mine while we had the windshield out, so it was super easy. Even a Country Coach guy could do it. I mean caveman......

jelmore Guest

Jerry, glad you had so much fun with yours. I should have been more specific . . . the lights that are out are some of the telltale lights. Prevost doesn't know how to change them. Troy at Liberty said they couldn't be changed because they are LEDs. Barring some faulty electrical connection, the entire module has to be replaced just like Buddy Gregg did for John B.

I've ordered a parts DVD from Prevost for the XL2 (that's the dash I have in an XL). Might need a wiring diagram for that area. I'll fool with it sometime.