Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacing dash lights

Hybrid View

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jelmore View Post
    I have a couple of lights out on my dash.
    I'm replying to my own post since this didn't make it to "new posts" this morning. Sort of a repost.

Arrow

Can't help you Jim, your dash doesn't look anything like mine.

JIM

Jim,

Maybe Paul can help you.

I had a few lamps out when I bought my '01. Buddy Gregg replaced the entire assembly at their cost! It seemed like killing a fly with a sledgehammer to me, but they said it was the only option.

????

John B
    Busless in Knoxville

Sorry, Jim.

Although I have the identical dash, I've never had the need (or the courage) to try to dismantle it.

Hope you make out OK....

I think JDub replaced some dash lights.
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Do a search. I think JDUB posted the ordeal on the forum. As I remember it was not fun.

Perhaps a simpler and more easily serviced answer would be to use a miner's helmet while driving at night.

Hey Jeff,

The grabber latches are made by Southco. Here is their website - http://www.southco.com/list/c3-grabb...age=1&filters=

Jeff Bayley Guest

Gary- Thanks for the link to the latches.

On a 94 Chassis and up, does anyone know if the side marker lights are 12 volt or 24 volt ? I'm getting mixed answers but the bulbs I have in my tool box I picked up once are 24 volt but they might still light up if the bus requires 12 volt. I couldn't find 12 volt on Bulbtown to match what I had, just 24 volt. But someone told me they changed them over to 12 volt by the time my years came along.

Jeff Bayley Guest

I'm going to start keeping records of this stuff so I found the model numbers for the bulbs from bulbtown.com at least. Here they are for a 1997 and I'm fairly certain the bulbs are unchanged to date but not positive.

386 #386 MINIATURE BULB MIDGET GROOVE BASE 12 Quanity $0.95 $11.40 (These are for the square, colored, push button control panel lights)
    2721 #2721 MINIATURE BULB SUB-MINIATURE WEDGE (W2x4.6d) BASE 15 Quanity $0.65 $9.75 (These are for the rocker switches)
    1873 MINIATURE BULB BA9S BASE #1873 MINIATURE BULB BA9S BASE 12 Quanity $0.69 $8.28 (These are 24 volt bulbs for the side marker lights)