Thread: Aqua hot mixer valve

scott13 Guest

Default Aqua hot mixer valve

Has anyone rebuilt or replaced the mixer valve on an Aqua hot system? Mine fires up and heats the water but it won't keep up with the shower. I don't think the vavle is letting enough hot water in the system. The valve has a stop on it and it's turned up as far as it will go and it doesn't keep up with demand. Any suggestions?

scott13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
    Has anyone rebuilt or replaced the mixer valve on an Aqua hot system? Mine fires up and heats the water but it won't keep up with the shower. I don't think the vavle is letting enough hot water in the system. The valve has a stop on it and it's turned up as far as it will go and it doesn't keep up with demand. Any suggestions?
    I made a call to Donnie Myer in Sanford, he said to check the temp of the water coming out of the faucet and if it's over about 105 degrees the mixer valve needs to turned down. If it lets too much hot water out too fast it won't keep up with demand. It made sense to me I guess I'll check that out. How come you guys didn't figure that out for me?

sawdust_128 Guest

It was a test. Donnie passed. You, Eh! Not so good.

scott13 Guest

Guess I'll have to try harder. Today I polished wheels. That's something I can handle.

sawdust_128 Guest

Nice coach. You passed that test.