Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shore Power Cord (Plug)

jelmore Guest

Tony, if yours is like ours, the cord goes through a hawse pipe as in http://www.glendinningprods.com/cablemaster.html. Our male plug was damaged and we used an extension cord for a year. We worked our way to Conway, SC and Glendinning molded on a new plug end without removing the cable from the cabinet. I think Paul Horner had Liberty disassemble his cord cabinet and replace the cord.

If your install is like mine, I'd sure like to know of a plug that fits. I looked and could never find one.

Jim,

You are correct. I had Liberty Coach install a replacement shore cord in our bus as my original one had substantial cracking at the plug end due to over heating. The replacement cord was considered "reconditioned" by Glendinning and was a substantial savings over "new" from Glendinning. Both had the molded plug end.

So far, I'm very happy with the replacement.

Jim,

That is exactly what I have. I am planning on being in SC in late July so I may need to set up an appointment with them to get a molded plug attached. I have ordered a couple of the plug ends referenced by Loc and hopefully that will fit and get me by until I can get over to Glendinning. I knew someone had replaced their entire cord on an exchange basis, but couldn't remember who, Paul I am glad to see your post. I will check to see if I have any cracking that warrant the same type of exchange.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

The Glendinning plug is smaller than others and it is the only plug that will go through the marine plastic threaded access in the bay where it is stored in my coach.

jelmore Guest

I had a bit of conversation with Paul Glendinning and he offered this bolt-on plug as a replacement. I've never seen this plug in any catalogs. Maybe it is theirs. I don't know if it will fit our installation, but I would guess so since he knew what our installation was.

DSCN3705..jpgDSCN3703..jpgDSCN3707..jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jelmore View Post
    I had a bit of conversation with Paul Glendinning and he offered this bolt-on plug as a replacement. I've never seen this plug in any catalogs. Maybe it is theirs. I don't know if it will fit our installation, but I would guess so since he knew what our installation was.

DSCN3705..jpgDSCN3703..jpgDSCN3707..jpg
    My bus has a Hubbell 9452C the cross to a Leviton is in the link.

http://www.buylevitoninstead.com/Hub...ring-9452C.htm

JIM
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 05-09-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Lightbulb

http://www.thefind.com/appliances/info-50p-plug#page=3

Scroll down and find Hubbell on the left. I prefer Hubbell products to Leviton.

Both may not be the same physical size or shape and may not interchange in every application.

(meaning will it fit in your haws Pipe?) I have a square door.

JIM

Jim,

I am always amazed at the amount of detail that you seem to have at your fingertips. Thanks for the guidance. I am afraid that the plugs ordered from Camping World will not fit. I will wait until they arrive to verify, but if not I can use your part number to find a replacement. Thanks.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

The Glendinning people have always worked well with us. We actually send cords back to them to have a new end molded on. We keep one in stock to rotate out ship broken ones back. It costs a bit more than the after-market bolt on plug to change the cord out, but the result is just as new and water-proof so not as suceptible to internal corrosion/loose connections. The only real problem with their molded end is that people tend to drop them and if the plastic cracks, then the terminals are exposed to air and water, and the cascade of failure begins.

The huge problem with the bolt-on ends is that due to heat-up and cool-down, and exposure to air and water, loose connections and corrosion are inherent. If a bolt-on replacement option is used, the plug should be taken apart and terminals should be tightened frequently to prevent loss of neutral and other voltage problems in the coach. This issue simply doesn't exist with the molded plug, unless the casing gets cracked.

Hope this helps.