Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Closest I will get to full timing

Andre....can you spot a date for any of the locations. We will be somewhere around NM & CO this July as well as the Grand Canyon. We haven't quite cemented our plans (Kids/Grandkids in school etc) but would love to meet another Pog especially on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by rahangman View Post
    Andre....can you spot a date for any of the locations. We will be somewhere around NM & CO this July as well as the Grand Canyon. We haven't quite cemented our plans (Kids/Grandkids in school etc) but would love to meet another Pog especially on the road.

current schedule travel days and length of stays are set based on our crazy work schedule. Almost no room for changes.

Lake Fairfax, VA (see grand baby) 8-23 May
    Cobb Island, MD (visit family ) 23 May to 4 June
    Oklahoma City, OK 7 - 18 June
    Sante Fe, NM 19 June to 9 July
    Williams, AZ (Grand Canyon railroad trip) 10 - 23 July
    Durango, CO (Fat Beagle 4x4) 24 July - 7 Aug
    Colorado Springs, CO 8 - 20 Aug
    Kerrville, TX (Fat Beagle Rally) 22 Aug - 10 Sep
    New Orleans, La (Family visit) 11 Sep to 1 Oct
    Kerrville, TX ( POG 9) 2 - 21 Oct
    Cobb Island, MD (Family visit) 23 Oct - 12 Nov
    Lake Fairfax, VA (see grand baby) 13 Nov till 4 Dec
    Back to Florida.

Have a great trip Andre and Ann. It may become habit forming and if not it will be a great experience.

An update. We are in Santa Fe, NM at Santa Fe Skies Rv resort. The trip has been going well so far. The only problem was a bad start capacitor for the generator cooling fan. Replaced the capacitor and that fixed the problem. Williams, AZ, Durango, CO are the next stops. We are getting to see a lot of the country that we have never been in before. So far it has been a good summer.
    Safe travels to all

Great to hear that it's going well. I wish I were along for the ride!

Ray,

Thanks. I know you still work, like we do. Internet connection has been a little challenging , but we are getting work done. Most of the people we work with have no idea we are not at home. So far so good.
    We are using 2 data cards, wifi when available and even trying a instant on DSL here. But, the little bit of trouble staying connected, is worth be able to travel and see new things.

Indeed it must be worth it. When I had my large satellite dish, I was able to work anywhere reliably. However, at $150/mo (minimum) for service, it was way too pricey, especially for only using it a couple of times a year. I use cellular now, and want to get the external antenna and amp the Lloyd recommends. But, for the most part, cellular is getting better. Obviously, there are some areas that won't work, but I try to avoid that.

Keep us informed of your travels. Love to hear how it's going. Are you going to make it into Southern CA?

Ray,

No trip to CA this time. The furthest west we will make is Wiliams, AZ. We have an internal amp and external antenna and it really helps. But with a 5GB limit on each data card, we have to be careful. Two of our work computers seems to be constantly downloading "required" updates. But we make it all work out. Cell coverage is getting a lot better.

OK Andre! We'll catch you on another trip then .... Best of Luck. Safe Travels.

Andre: Glad to hear you are having good travels.

Railside RV is were we stayed in Williams, AZ. Tamra is a very friendly and helpful hostess. Free Continental breakfast. You know us POG folks - where ever there is food - we are in.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost