Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Closest I will get to full timing

Default Closest I will get to full timing

After months of planning, bus projects and much wailing and knashing of teeth, Ann and I will leave Friday 7 May on a 7 month 8500 mile summer trip. If things go well we will be out until around 1 Dec.
    I want to thank everyone who helped me with campground and route recommendations.
    Our route starts in Florida
    Stops at:
    Lake Fairfax, VA (see grand baby)
    Cobb Island, MD (visit family )
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Sante Fe, NM
    Williams, AZ (Grand Canyon railroad trip)
    Durango, CO (Fat Beagle 4x4)
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Kerrville, TX (Fat Beagle Rally)
    New Orleans, La (Family visit)
    Kerrville, TX ( POG 9)
    Cobb Island, MD (Family visit)
    Lake Fairfax, VA (see grand baby)
    back home to Florida

Let's hope that all the work I have done on the bus provides us with a trouble free trip. Hope to see some of you on the road.

Andre, We wish you and Ann good luck and good health. What a great trip ! Remember, " These are the Golden Years. Not later, Right Now. "

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Andre,

Sounds like a GREAT trip!! Here's wishing you and Ann safe and "uneventful" travels.

Maybe we'll see ya on the road.....

Jim & Paul,

Thanks for the kind words. We are really looking forward to this trip. We NEED it.
    Jim said what I have been thinking " These are the Golden Years. Not later, Right Now."

Hope to see lots of POG'ers this summer

I hope we ALL have good times and safe travels.

Andre & Ann,

We are looking forward to seeing you three times this year in Durango and Kerrville. Sounds like a great trip. I am jealous. Drive safe.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

I'm green with envy, looks like a great trip you have planned. Safe Travels...

Andre and Ann,
    That indeed looks like a great trip. I can vouch for the Grand Canyon train ride as Suzie and I took my father there last week so he could mark off the Grand Canyon from his "bucket list".

The ride was great and it snowed most of the way. Lots of wildlife to see from either side of the train.

We stayed at the RV park associated with the railway. I give it 5 stars for facilities. Nothing else to do there but ride the train and shop a little in downtown Williams.

It snowed for about 1 1/2 hours of our 3 hour time limit at the canyon. We ate at the Hotel at the canyon and that took about an hour. In retrospect, we would forego the lunch and just tour the rim of the canyon.

Hopefully the weather will be better that what we encountered. 26 degrees, snow and 50 MPH winds.

Fuel for the trip ran about $3.04 to $3.14 per gallon.

Good luck and have a safe trip.

Ron
    Ron & Suzie Hampton
    2001 Marathon H3-45
    Ford Edge towinf 4 down

Andre & Ann,

Have a great trip and glad your doing it NOW, you never know. Hope to see you and Teeko (spelling) somewhere on the road.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Andre & Ann
    Be safe, have a great trip, hope to see you soon.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Andre,

You and Ann have us beat, we are leaving June 6th for Alaska. We'll be gone two and a half months; will return home mid August. It will be 10,000 miles round trip for us.

This is the closest that we will come to full timing. Karen is really trying not to show it, but I think she is going to miss her kids. She has never been away from them that long. Her cousin and his wife are flying up to Anchorage and will stay with us for 11 days and then fly back to New Orleans. This guy is a gourmet cook; I can hardly wait!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot