Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Side view camera's

I'm thinking about getting into this, but maybe I'll use some common sense and stay out of it!
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Default Ramco Mirrors / Cameras

Paul, have you looked into what this company has to offer.

http://www.ramco-eng.com/products/Mirrors.htm

Ramco mirrors, with cameras built into the mirror, or I think they have them mounted on the arms below the mirrors too?

Something else to look at?

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I'm thinking about getting into this, but maybe I'll use some common sense and stay out of it!
    I'm thinking also. About just how low do I want to go.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    That is funny, Dale and my thoughts exactly. Sometimes you gotta just say no.

I may be showing my bias here against the ever increasing and complex technology that is being heaped on our coaches. Is there anyone besides me that considers the side view cameras nothing more than a mirror, but with the display in a TV monitor? What will the TV show that a set of properly adjusted mirrors with the small convex mirrors not show?

I can see it now. There will be a mad rush for everyone to get side view cameras on their buses to the point where in 10 years buses will no longer have or need mirrors.

Then when the monitor goes black people will freak out, and some wizard will come up with the brilliant idea of installing mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    I may be showing my bias here against the ever increasing and complex technology that is being heaped on our coaches. Is there anyone besides me that considers the side view cameras nothing more than a mirror, but with the display in a TV monitor? What will the TV show that a set of properly adjusted mirrors with the small convex mirrors not show?

I can see it now. There will be a mad rush for everyone to get side view cameras on their buses to the point where in 10 years buses will no longer have or need mirrors.

Then when the monitor goes black people will freak out, and some wizard will come up with the brilliant idea of installing mirrors
    Well YEAH, that's why I'm keeping those phones that are wired into the bus, they just might become useful some day

JIM

Difference is keeping what you already have and which on your coach is not longer working because the technology no longer works (thus making my point) and adding more stuff that will not be supported by the manufacturer in a few years.

My mirrors are still technologically current.

I have enough to do to keep all the things on my 10 year old bus working. I don't need more to keep up. OH! my mirrors still work the problem if any, is my eyeballs.

The King and I discussed mirrors versus cameras and monitors at lunch today. One thing we noted was both our monitors wash out in daylight and sun making it hard to see them. Our older eyeballs are a contributing factor, but not the sole reason it is sometimes hard to see things i our monitors.

Well I am new to POG but here is what I do On the back of the coach ( at the hitch ) where your bike would ride we have a chair with a top just in case it rains my wife rides here with a walkie talkie she lets me know when those drivers are trying to cut you off! sometimes it is hard to hear for the wind. If my wife catches me posting this I am dead meat! Oh what the heck a little BS makes us smile once in a while.