Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Side view camera's

Default Side view camera's

Howdy all, new here and have a few questions in hopes I can get some knowledge from you more experianced (read masters!) owners

For those that have side view cameras and installed them yourselves, where did you get the camera?

On a 00 XL II we are installing a three camera system and hope to add two more to the trailer but don't know where to get the chrome housings. We are also looking for where everyone put theirs so we can figure out where the best place is. Anyone have any pictures?

Our current setup is a single system but we are putting a multiview system so that we can see the rear camera on one side of the monitor and the side view on the other.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Hi Paul. I've seen them built into the side view mirror arms and also as a small side attachment to the Coach itself close to the drivers and passenger windows.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I would be much more likely to try to use the ones mounted to or in the mirrors rather than take a Sawzall to the side of my coach and hack a hole in it for the camera mount. I have seen both as Gary mentioned, but I have to think installing the one on the mirror would be the least invasive. Unless you own a Country Coach, then you are ok to hack away.

Thanks to you both on the insight.

The mirror installed ones vibrate too much from what I have read / heard from owners - apparently that is why no one makes them in quantity anymore anyway.

I hope to hear from others that have done this, or their experiences with ones that are installed.

Paul

I have these on my coach.
    http://www.ramco-eng.com/InVue/InVue.htm

They are OK, not great. I am on my third monitor in 3 years. The 1st one only lasted about a month and was replaced under warranty. The picture from the camera's is pretty good, except when the sun is shinning directly into the lens. It does help at night with seeing the headlights of little cars sneaking up on you.

These mirrors with cameras and monitor where not cheap. I am not sure I would do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    I would be much more likely to try to use the ones mounted to or in the mirrors rather than take a Sawzall to the side of my coach and hack a hole in it for the camera mount. I have seen both as Gary mentioned, but I have to think installing the one on the mirror would be the least invasive. Unless you own a Country Coach, then you are ok to hack away.
    Quite contrary. No hacking necessary on Country Coaches. Back as far as the early 90's Country Coach installed accessary plug locations at all four corners of the Bus. Pre wired and ready to go for this type of future option. Oh the foresight ! If only some of the other Convertors had been so progressive.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

And all this time I thought those wires hanging out on the CC's were emergency plastic shield restraints.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    And all this time I thought those wires hanging out on the CC's were emergency plastic shield restraints.....
    Oops! Shots fired!

This is MY kinda group!

Almost feels like home

Jdub,

Those wires were attached to the digital dash computer thingy!