Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Level-Low/HWI

Default Level-Low/HWI

I will have to say that buying another coach and then another year and model is quite an education. Question, on the XLII with HWI does this system tend to leak past the level-Low? Our new coach leaks down in the front only, either with the level Low engaged or not. Have not read up on the HWI as too much work in other areas, but will have to address it soon. Suggestions?
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Ed,

Regardless of how the converter set up the level low to automate or to provide other features the 5 port Norgren in the steer bay should "lock" air in the front air bags. The HWH system should not be active key off.

If you are leaking down I believe air is leaking from the air bags, fittings, 5 port, either through it or past the spool out the ends, or possibly through the valves, but I believe that might mean the 3 port in the steer bay is also leaking. FWIW, at one time Roger's bus (now Jim's) was sagging in the front and we found both the five and three port were leaking.

Thanks Jon, guess not any different than the XL troubleshooting.
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Same old, same old.

i have a 1997 liberty the front will not come up at all the lower pressure gauge will only register 50 lbs. there are 3 very small air lines near gas pedal 1 leaks bad ,my question is where do these lines start and where do they stop wmoureau

When you say the lower gauge, I assume you are referring to either an aux pressure gauge on the dash or the gauge in the steering compartment. If you have an aux air leak that bad, you may never get enough air built up to bring the bus to road height and since the front is low, there are probably other issues like the ride height coil in the steering bay, part of the 5 port Norgren. The brake tank gauges have nothing to do with the suspension. I have no small airlines on mine near the throttle pedal, but since they're small, they may run to the floor slide, seat, front shutters (if you have them) or a host of other aux air sources.

Sounds like you have two separate issues, an aux air leak and a suspension problem. I would first attack the air leak and then we can help with the suspension. Jon has a 97 and he'll jump in here at some point and maybe he has the same setup. Is yours a classic or elegant lady?

Welcome aboard, I didn't see your name anywhere...

yes it is lower gauge on dash ,i think it is a classic? the 3 tubes are only maybe 1/16 inch i only have air slide ,air lock air and air seat i noticed where a mouse has bittened the tube .so i know i will have to replace that one ,but cannot tell where they start or stop wmoureau

Jon, are you in the Knoxville area? I will be in that area July 14-28 for my wife to go to the quilt show she is a quilter and loves this show. I will stay at Twin Rivers Park, turn by the smoky mountain knife works. I have some questions about level-low etc, maybe we could meet for breakfast or lunch? let me know if this might be feasible, You would be the first POG member that I have met in person. Thanks, Gary

Gary, if your wife is a quilter, have her get together with my wife at POG9 in Kerrville. We're driving to Paduccah KY just to go to quilt stuff, on the way to Texas. FROM California!!

Ray, we have been thinking about that I believe its in Oct? we could go on to florida from there. Frankly I dont know why Im not on the road now, megan is trying to get use to her quilting machine sort of like the guys and their toys. I go to the motor home barn and sit in the coach every day Im ready! hope to see you and your wife and some of the rest of this group I can see a lot of hands on experience in this group. Gary