Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dreadnought skulks no more?

dreadnought Guest

Default dreadnought skulks no more?

ok guys, wish me luck, I've looked for months, and it hopefully comes to an end on Friday, 2005 Elegant Lady with slideouts. I said all along I did not want slides, but it's hard to ignore the resale factor, and besides, I'm tired of looking. I know they're drooling in stuart...

Dreadnaught,

That's great. Be sure all updates have been done, including Prevost updates. We have recently learned that vintage of XLII shell, a few, had some delamination of the steel layers in the ceilings of the slides rooms. There needs to be some support structure added and the delamination repaired. Apparently a thinner steel was used in the slide room rrof that is not holding up, We learned this from a previously owned new coach owner, The Tiger Coach, Marathon #884, that was featured on the Travel Channel a time back. Its an '05 as well.
    Also besure to have the front bushings checked, and look for front tire wear.
    The "Tiger Coach" has about 18,000 miles on as of 9-07-06, and needed bushings, tires and an alignment,as well.. Hope this doesn't dissuade you. The coaches with the 365 tires ride superbly.
    Keep your eyes open and be informed.

Good luck

Dread,

Hope everything works out for the new coach and welcome to the POG. The XL2 has a high covetability for me, so make sure you post photos of it so I can show my wife and convince her we don't need whatever house/car/college education/vacation home she has planned.

JDUB

D-Nought,

Pick that sweet ride up on Friday and you can make POG II by Wednesday in time to see Fast Roger drooling thru Happy Hour. Plus you can Jon to fix everthing they missed during the PDI.

Congrats on the new bus!

And JW could be enjoying a similiar ride - just need to sell the B.

MM

dreadnought Guest

thanks for the great intel colorado, I think it's dead on the money. This bus has 37K on it & the only obvious problem anyone saw when it came in was 1 of the front tires wearing a little funny. They are replacing both steer tires & having it aligned. I'll ask about the bushings and the roof today. Bushings should last a lot longer than that. I wonder if they were low quality or there's some kind of ongoing problem?

Default Congratulations...

Dreadnought,

Congratulations! I know that you will not be sorry that you bought a dual slide coach. In a few weeks, the slides will become second nature. Just go slow and follow extend/retract directions to the letter. Slides are no big deal, they are the future. Enjoy the extra room

Will you be able to make it to Santa Fe?

Can wait to see your new bus!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought
    ok guys, wish me luck, I've looked for months, and it hopefully comes to an end on Friday, 2005 Elegant Lady with slideouts. I said all along I did not want slides, but it's hard to ignore the resale factor, and besides, I'm tired of looking. I know they're drooling in stuart...
    oh drool drool, this sounds like a fabulous coach! You will love the slides and as Merle and Louise suggested, just follow the extend and retract instructions to the letter and all should be well! I have no doubt that you have made their day in Stuart Congratulations!

Debi and Bob-00

Talking Happy Days

It sure sounds like a beauty. Many happy and safe miles. JIM

Sting Guest

Congrats!! I know you will love it! Enjoy!

dreadnought Guest

I sure appreciate all the best wishes. Colorado, talked to them this AM & was assured this was an alignment issue that had already been taken care of. Bushings were fine. There was a thinly veiled reference to other converter's axle loading choices that could cause bushing problems.
    Also said they personally inspected slides & found no problem. However, thanks to you, it's all documented in emails in case something rears it's head in the future.

I wish we could go to POG but right now I need to look for a second job so as to afford the monthly payment But we'll sure try for the next get together.
    Oh and by the way Jdub, I checked out your website and it appears to me you should be able to buy any coach you want, Unlike us po white trash..