Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Featherlite exterior lights

I ordered several rigid loop 9 led bulbs from Super Bright LED's at $ 5.95 each
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

GM has two different cargo lights for the early model trucks. The earliest of the two has a concave housing (i think it fits the 70's cabs with a rounded shape), the later which fits an 85 GM truck cab is straight (with no curvature) the lens is the same. I purchased 8 of them recently thru a friend who owns a body shop. Just make sure it is for an 85 model truck.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

sawdust_128 Guest

Pete, do you have a part ## you could share?

Sawdust, I will dig through my records and see if I can find one for you. I not, I will call my friend who got them for me. It may take a day or so, but I will give it a shot.

Pete & EJ Petree
    Sealy, Texas

scott13 Guest

I would really pike to replace them with LEDs. My friend Tom in Jacksonville gave me this Number for replacement parts.
    Yes there is a replacement lens I don't know the price. Call IBP bus parts in Apopka, Florida at 407 880 9700. I wasgoing to call them but I'd like to know about the LEDs first.

scott13 Guest

Mine sound like the 85 models. They are not concave just straight. If you want to send them I could give it a try. How do I give you my address? On here or you want to call me? Phone is 319-360-0962 Thanks, Scott

sawdust_128 Guest

Pete, Thanks.

Just for info purposes, here is the part ## for the fixture with the curved back. -- GM # 16506612

Now that I have the fixture in front of me, I seem to recollect that the curve was problem #1.
    The connector on the back was #2, if memory serves me correctly, it is different.
    #3 The gasket did not fit very well. It could be made to work, but it did not fit like it "was made" for the job.

Also, the clear lens GMC part ## is 5969836

Sawdust, I am afraid I am not much help. I called my friend for the part number yesterday. Today he called me back and said they are in fact not available from GM. He did say that his supplier was checking with several of his contacts at GM to see if any gm store happens to have some on their shelves some where, and would let me know if some turned up from the search. Sorry, I thought I might be able to help.

Pete & EJ Petree
    Sealy, Texas

sawdust_128 Guest

Pete,

No worries. Thanks for trying. I am good for now and I am keeping my eyes open watching for a good replacement for these. One will raise up and stand out.