Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drive Axle hub covers

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Default Drive Axle hub covers

Yesterday we took our bus out for a little exercise and fuel.

This morning we discovered a missing drive axle hub.

Does anyone have a source for these?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unfortunately, there are so many different styles of these, including the unseen mounting system, that the picture you provided only narrows it down. If you could, take some close-ups of the one missing. Maybe there will be enough mounting hardware left to determine for sure. Otherwise, you may end up taking the in-tact one apart and photographing the mounting system for it. I will try to help if I can. Thanks.

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Thanks Ben, hopefully these will help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wayne, It looks like the T.Kane Enterprises axle cover like I have on my Bus. If it is mounted with countersunk screws with a hex drive, then you might go here. www.tkane.com 800-550-2466.
    Good Luck

Thanks Larry!!

OUCH!!! Those puppies are $175.00.....That was a pricey little fuel run we took!
    Lessons learned....Wayne has the hex wrench out as we speak and is checking the others.

sticks Guest

I lost a drive hub the first 3 months of traveling. called Liberty and got a used hub in good condition much cheaper than new. I have to tighten this "every time I turn around". Used lock tight and all. Others stay tight . Guess I'll just have to keep an OCD attitude about this hub.

Wayne and Jill,

We have a complete set of TKanes that we are not using. We had not thought of parting them out, but would consider that. We can send a drive to you and you can see if it works and you can tell us what you think is a fair price. Send me an email if you are interested. hobobimmer@aol.com.

Deb, Eric,and Jay
    Huntsville, TN

ps Sticks, or anyone else, you are welcome to do the same. Once the set it broken, we will have individual replacements available as long as supplies last!

Sticks,
    I ordered the new hub from T. Kane yesterday. Also ordered new nuts and hex bolts as some of ours were rounded....maybe that's all you would need to keep that one hub tight...they are cheap.
    FWIW

Wayne, I might mention that you should get at least one of the pieces ( Hub Bracket ) that fit under the lug nuts on the wheel to fasten the TKane Hub Cover to the wheel. Be sure you mention to them which size lug studs you have. They come in two different size holes.

One of mine was cracked at the last inspection, and I ordered a replacement for the next time I had the wheel off, but turned out I didn't order the correct hole size so I could not replace it, till the NEXT time I take that wheel off???

Standard Bracket (Part #TK-20) or Hub Pilot Bracket (Part #TK-10) http://www.tkane.com/products.html

Gary S.

Just so everybody is aware, Prevost's posture on any hub cover system that requires mounts to be placed under the lug nuts, and over the wheel is that they are not allowed.

In fact way back in the early 90's they did a seminar and made it abundantly clear that was a no-no. I have seen some, and the Kane covers may be the type in which the kit is supplied with special lug nuts that are grooved to accept the mounting brackets and the special lug nut contacts the wheel directly. That is acceptable to Prevost. The stated reason was the inability to maintain the proper torque when tightening the lug nuts.

Personally I like the type that does not have the center "spinner" such as mine do because they look much cleaner and neater.