003..JPG004..JPG

Last November we made a trip from Yuma, AZ to Marathon in Beaumont, CA to have our awnings adjusted. We drove from Santee, CA the 80 miles to Marathon and on that trip our inverters shut down three times. Marathon replaced the regulator thinking that it was allowing the batteries to charge higher than the 30 amps that the inverters will allow. On the test drive the inverters shut down after just 10 min. They then adjusted the regulators output test drove again, no problem. In March we headed home to Gig Harbor from Yuma by way of Prevost and Marathon. The last 150 miles of our 1800 mile trip, the inverters shut down three times. The last time we were real close to home and when I arrived I discovered that only #1 inverter had shut down that time. When we are plugged in everything operates normally with no faults. Maybe it is my imagination but I think the inverters shut down when we hit a rough section of road. I took the panels off to check and tighten the connections and found heavy corrosion on one of the posts (see pictures). Do you think the corrosion causing enough resistance to cause the inverters to shut down??