Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Planes and Prevost

lewpopp Guest

For the life of me, I cannot post a picture on this POG site. Guess I'll stick with the Prevost-Stuff.com site now that I have a shirt. Duh

Default Air Bus.

Here is a better picture of the big plane. I haven't got any air to air pictures because nobody can keep up with me.

The little Chevy in the background is my 1990.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Jon - Tent Camper or Wuss

Okay Captain 210,

I just finished my B2OSH registration for Oshkosh this year, so you should bring the pressurized fart sniffer up for some pilot comeraderie. We are flying in on Saturday, so you will want to be there early to see the +/-100 Bonanzas arrive and recover in 12 minutes.

After arrival, the stage is set for the best part of Oshkosh; setting up the awning and radio for a front row seat at RWY 9 and the Ripon arrival. We have witnessed everything from crashing RV's & Mooneys to P-51's and P-38's with a slew of go-arounds. The radio is the best part as it adds sound to the movie. Sunday you get in to see all the behind the sceens stuff before the show starts on Monday. By Tuesday I am ready to fly home, but the experience is outstanding.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Capt. Za,

I went to Oshkosh for the first time in 2004 in a 172 and camped two rows down from the Bonanza crowd - had a blast as I was with a guy who used to work for EAA on the field. Am heading back this year, but in the bus, so we need a game plan for the POGrs. I soloed in 1971 and still haven't finished my license - but that's another story for the POG rally.

Mike

U are the Man;

The perfect trip would be for someone to drive my coach up to OSH and park it directly across from the Bonanza camping area. My wife won't do it and I don't trust my dad to stay awake that long.....

We will have a plan. We can sort it out at the rally.....

I may be up for a drive to Wisconsin. I doubt if my bride will go. I don't do tents.

Jerry,
    Could I pay you to drive your Prevost to Oshkosh? Last time there was in my Debonair in the early 90's, sniffle, sniffle...

This could turn out to be the mid summer POG rally.

Thumbs up POG Aviators Rally ?

I'm thinking we can just bunk with Mike and Jon

I guess you don't still have the Deb? There are a few Debonairs in the flight with us, but they refer to us as V Tail Nazis since we won't publically refer to their planes as Bonanzas They are either Debs (33's) Stretch Debs (A36 / B36) or just Barons which have to fly in the back of the pack.

I don't know what a rally quorum consists of, but we may have one at Oshkosh this summer. There is a place to park cars and or RVs just across from where the Bonanza's camp each year. It kinda sets in the trees, but it's not too far from the North 40 shower house. I can see the Jon and the Mango Mothership parked in there now (with their feet hanging out from under the coaches - toes up)

There was a study done and published how Blogs and Forums were cutting into the productivity of American businesses - I haven't a clue what they're talking about. Although the Martini Bar I'm personally building has started to fall way behind schedule about the advent of POG.

Mike