Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: got to get a prevost

Oogie,
    You could explain to your wife how given the current economic climate that there are some great bargains out there, which there are if one can convince himself that Prevost and bargain can be used in the same conversation. Thats how I done it!!!!! I do believe though that she's caught on by now but she also enjoys the thing so much that we mutually avoid that conversation.

Oogie,

You should realize by now from the sampling of comments on this thread that people have used all sorts of ways to justify the purchase of a Prevost conversion. They range from Mango who just went out and did it, and then told Donna by waking her up in the middle of the night so she could see her new Winnebago, to folks who actually got their wives involved from the git-go.

But there is one thing you need to know, and it doesn't matter if you do this independently, or if you and your wife jointly go out to buy a bus. These things are a lifestyle. Yes you are buying a bus, but you are getting a whole lot more. First of all you are joining the family. If you don't think POG is a family, go through the pictures, the posts, the discussions and you will quickly realize you will soon become a part of a great group of friends who live all over the country.

Another thing you need to know is purchasing a Prevost conversion is insane. You cannot justify it. It is not an investment. It is a depreciating asset. I costs a ton of money. And then it costs a bunch more to maintain. But nothing else will give you as much enjoyment. Well at least not that you can enjoy in public.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Oogie,

First, welcome to POG. Its a pretty fun place with some really knowledgable bus owner.
    Second, is it Oh-G or UhGee?
    Third, take your time looking for a Prevost. It can take months into years to find just the right one for you. As Jon will tell you, unless I beat him to it, make a list of your wants and must haves. Compromise in the wants column not the must have column.

Finally, come on out to one of the POG rallys, official or informal, and kick the tires with us. Who knows, you might even want to petition Skiffer for a membership refund!

sticks Guest

Tell your wife " a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" and move on

Yankee802 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bonhall41 View Post
    We're just a few hours east of you in the FL Panhandle.
    Bonnie
    Hey, we're moving to Panama City this month, we'll be at Emerald Coast Beach Resort where I'll be working and the wife will be stationed.

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Oogie: Welcome to POG. You will love this group!!! You are the fourth member of POG from the Mississippi Coast. Hopefully we will get to meet you before too long. I now spend most of the summer in the North Georgia mountains, where it is cooler than Biloxi, and Jan. and Feb. in Port St. Lucie, FL. Look forward to seeing you at a POG rally or mini-rally. By the way, Liberty has the best conversion packages of any Prevosts. Good luck in your search, and welcome! Ed Saylor

Just so nobody blames Ed for being a shill for Liberty, I think you will find a lot of Liberty owners share the same opinion about Liberty. I certainly do.

Ed, you smooth talking devil! Did Dave put you up to that.....