Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The fueling bath revisited

I have no puking, but I don't try to run the hose pipe wide assed open!
    No what I mean...

125 gallons of $2.31 diesel pumped this morning with no puking or flowback. But it looks like there is a vent line plumbed into the filler neck about 3 inches back from the threaded end of the neck.

ken&ellen Guest

Default No puking in southern VA

Since we travel most weekends our Liberty makes regular stops for fuel. Ellen fueled up at $2.29 per gal, should have waited it dropped down to $2.19 yesterday, 96 gallons ....not a drop. We always utilize truck stops with BIG nozzles! Ken

blacklab Guest

Question

My '93 XL hasn't puked on me either. BTW are all the fuel fillers on the starboard side?

No, they are on both sides, but it was either an option or only came on certain coaches or tank configurations.

lewpopp Guest

Which reminds me. I pulled into Flying J to "diesel up" and there was a fancy truck outside my front door when I pulled up. I was covered with "love bugs" (nasty creatures, and hard to remove after they dry ) And happened to mention to the guy working on his rig that I would give him a great deal on Love bugs. His quick answer was " that I don't need, the company supplies them" I thought that was a neat answer.

Well anyways, I scrubbed the front of the coach this morn to remove the buggers. I tried that green shit that Jon washes his gonads with. He says it does everything. It worked good, as for my scrotum, I will use something else.

blacklab Guest

Lightbulb

Well, on my '93 XL the filler is on the starboard side, which means when at the pump you gotta turn the main pump on, set the nozzle on the ground go around and use the "2nd" pump to fill up. This is a major PITA!! My 1st coach (Blue Bird) had fillers on both sides. Now there's an idea!!

win42 Guest

Jon: The obvious answer is sell the liberty and buy an old Royale. The money you save will allow you to hire someone to fuel and clean your coach.

The only time I get puked on is when the nozzle shuts off automatically and I pull it almost out and try to squeeze a few more ounces in. Dumb I know, but irresistable. Too bad they didn't supply brains with brawn.

I was at Camp Prevost in Nashville yesterday (drove over a brand new coach, not mine) and guess what Prevost owners talk about. Yup....coaches.

The topic of puking came up. Everybody I talked to has had a #2 bath.

It was not a problem on single side fill coaches. Those of you that have one of those may be unhappy because you have to go through a little dance with the nozzles, but at least you don't have to undress outside at the Flying J before your wife lets you back in the coach.

Our 2001 Country Coach (1999 shell) did the puking thing. We had Mira Loma drop the tank, and install a wire basket that had a plastic ball in it. When the fuel reached the neck, the ball would intercede the splash back. That was done under warranty. With our current coach, I estimate what it will take fuel-wise, when it gets closer to that figure I back off the flow, look down the fill tube for foam. When I see foam, I stop it, let it breath, then add more following the same practice. It only pukes on me 2 times out of ten. Some pumps have a faster "slow flow" than others', and it takes me by surprise.