Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake system for toad

Yankee 802, I can tell you, first hand, that those advising you, have never come close enough to hitting something that the reduced stopping distance provided by the Toad Braking System saved the day, I have, and it is important to have the added drag during a panic stop. Saved my "Plastic Shield" and my Butt. .

Let's be honest. Our brakes suck. At 60 MPH the average car driven by a soccer mom can stop easily in 130 feet.

Your bus is going to take more than twice that distance. If you add a toad that weighs 3500 to 4000 pounds your stopping distance will increase beyond its already lousy capability.

The next time someone pulls in front of you too soon leaving very little margin, and then spikes the brakes ask yourself if you wish your toad had brakes to help.

I also have the M&G brake system on our Jeep Wrangler. Seems to work well and easy to hook up. I would certainly recommend this system for anyone in need of Toad braking.

Just installed the M&G brake system today. It sure is a clean unit and simple to hook up and take off. I now have the peace of mind that I'm legal.