Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stuck with Progressive

Default Ooops got it

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell and Linda View Post
    Rahangman

Rodger, make room for my PM, thanks
    Sorry, forgot to look first

I just spoke with Tod Carney at Explorer. Tod has been working with National Interstate on a solution. With input from POG members on this board and in private emails I think this group effort will create a positive outcome.
    We will make an announcement when Tod has worked the details out with National Interstate.

Thanks, Jim, for all your eforts on our behalf.

Yankee802 Guest

Here here!! Yes guys, thank you all for your efforts.

Yankee802 Guest

Update:

Tod called today with great news, got coverage!! YES!! So I have ordered my appraisal from Automotive Appraisal Services Group ($238) to get everything up to snuff. I'll be calling Tod tomorow to get everything else going.

Just wanted to thank everyone involved, and let everyone know that the power of the POG should never go underestimated. Now older coaches can get coverage too!

Geoff, That's great news, I have to admit it makes me feel good to belong to such a great group to have facilitated this turnaround for you and anyone else that has an older bus. This will likely effect a great many of us in years to come. Congratulations I happy for you.

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

I sure hope some of this good luck rubs off on me...With a clean license.... I paid Progressive 1,400.00 for one year of full coverage...Being it was my first year of owning my own bus I knew I should protect myself and others at any cost...but I have never paid such a premium in my life before...I was shocked... but then I am only one year younger than my Bus...and don't tell me that didn't have anything to do with the cost...I can't believe it if you do...but...so far I have about 4,000 safe miles behind me in it...Prayerfully more coming...If I wasn't confident I couldn't drive at all but I am never cocky...

Hugs Always Viv... aka Journey One's Cruiser
    1988 Prevost Le Mirage XL

That's great news !!

Thanks again Jim, and the folks at Explorer and National Interstate that made this happen.

I currently have a National Interstate policy and this saga plays a big part in keeping me as a loyal customer.

Yankee802 Guest

Viv, that is what I paid to Progressive, we must have had the same policy. Please call Tod and see what he can do for you now Viv.

Anyway, my new premium is lower, but when I add (and follow on question to all) my umbrella coverage, it'll be just over $1600 a year, but that is with a LOT more coverage, and of course the added piece of mind from National Interstate.

And now the question, who has an umbrella policy on their coach? I won't admit this anywhere else, but I'm covered to 1 mil. Am I over insured?

I think we discussed umbrella coverage on another thread. But to re-iterate I have umbrella coverage, but as a separate policy. It requires certain minimum coverages on my vehicles and house, and then it will kick in.