Thread: Stuck with Progressive

Hybrid View

Yankee802 Guest

Viv, that is what I paid to Progressive, we must have had the same policy. Please call Tod and see what he can do for you now Viv.

Anyway, my new premium is lower, but when I add (and follow on question to all) my umbrella coverage, it'll be just over $1600 a year, but that is with a LOT more coverage, and of course the added piece of mind from National Interstate.

And now the question, who has an umbrella policy on their coach? I won't admit this anywhere else, but I'm covered to 1 mil. Am I over insured?

I think we discussed umbrella coverage on another thread. But to re-iterate I have umbrella coverage, but as a separate policy. It requires certain minimum coverages on my vehicles and house, and then it will kick in.

Geoff,

As Jon said, most of us have separate policies for the umbrella policy. A policy of $1Mil - $2 Mil is common. I just reduced mine to $1mil and changed my policy to RLI Insurance Co. with an annual premium of $397. That premium is based on the number of vehicles and properties they have to cover. Mine covers the bus, motorcycle, car, truck, SUV, conversion van and 3 small houses. (You could easily place all 3 of my houses inside the Keller or Foster Compound.) But at the same time, I am highly Blessed and have nothing to complain about.
    Last edited by dale farley; 04-10-2010 at 09:29 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!