Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bay Door Lock Malfunction

lonesome george Guest

Jim, do you have a bay door lock indicator light on the instrument panel?

Jim,
    Thanks for your help and the photos. I order the parts this morning from Prevost.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Here are some pictures of what Denny is talking about. You can see in the different views the motor actuator mounted, the actuator dismounted, the actuator disassembled (note springs, brushes, commutator), the actuator disassembled with springs and brushes in place in those little holes.
    If the commutator looks dirty you can clean it with a typewriter eraser.

Denny, if you shake the unit and hear a little rattle, I think your missing brush has fallen into the shall hole into the rack gear area below and with persistence as with a puzzle you will be able to shake it out.

If you want to replace the whole thing the Prevost part number is; 780428......$56.02.

JIM

Jim I just bought a new actuator as I have one that is weak. Do you know if these are serviceable other than just cleaning them up?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HarborBus View Post
    Jim I just bought a new actuator as I have one that is weak. Do you know if these are serviceable other than just cleaning them up?
    Elliott, Other than making sure of the integrity of the assembly, cleaning the commutator and making sure the brushes make proper contact with it, there doesn't appear to be anything else you can do.

The base under the motor that holds the rack gear is made up of two halves bonded or glued together. If you tried to separate them you probably would destroy the part. If you could saw it around the periphery successfully you would have to make up the material removed by the saw kerf when assembling. Other than the rack and the electrical contacts being in there, I don't imagine it would do much good to open it up anyway, especially since they are readily available. If you could no longer purchase the motor assembly then one would look at it differently.

JIM

Thanks Jim, I pretty much assumed as much but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. The price you quoted is still the same and considering the life of them it's a good deal.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by HarborBus View Post
    Thanks Jim, I pretty much assumed as much but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. The price you quoted is still the same and considering the life of them it's a good deal.

Yes Elliott, that is a current price and part number, I just got into this Friday,26th and ordered one too.

JIM

I had two motor assemblies go bad so I ordered four. If two are bad then others may be coming to the end of their life span in the near future. if you order three or more they are about $4 less per unit.