Thread: Water Heater Replacement - Work in Progress

Hybrid View

Jim,

For what it's worth, the top of my heater is 24 1/4 inches from the floor of the bay.

jelmore Guest

Paul, thanks ... I'd guess yours is the way it's supposed to be. I can't imagine how mine got that way. It doesn't look like the copper pipes and fittings for the coolant lines have been modified. All the solder joints look like Liberty's original work. So, I just don't know yet.

Jim,

It may be possible that Liberty placed a 2" pedestal under your heater, reason unknown. The 20 gallon Raritan is 24" tall, so it must be a platform of some kind. Any chance it could be a pan of some sort to catch water?

Where are you? Someone may have a suggestion as to who could help you out..

jelmore Guest

Tom, it looks like the base has been separated from the case intentionally. Maybe Liberty or someone added a riser where I can't see it. Have no idea why. Won't really know until it all comes apart. We're in San Diego for about a week. I talked to Steve Bennett and he recommended Vision Coach, which I think he said is now Premier Coach. Since I have the heater in hand, maybe they can rework this whole water compartment. Isn't Ray Davis out here? Maybe he would have a contact. I'll check with him, too.