Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression sets in....

matsprt Guest

Default Depression sets in....

I have gone through my short list of buses. Nothing made the grade....so I'm still looking and there is currently nothing out there. So here I sit and wait until more units come on the market. This is not any fun.

Bummer.

Michael

Show up a POG II with your check books. There may be guys sitting on the fence about upgrading and they might have the perfect bus for you.

At the very least you can make a deal with Fast Roger.

Mike
    Last edited by MangoMike; 09-25-2006 at 08:55 AM.

I think the two sites have created a monster.

I'm really serious here when I say that because of these sites buyers are a lot more astute about what they want. When we bought our first coach there was no internet as we know it today and we had no source of opinions or any way of looking at the entire market without leaving home.

I think it is great that owners and would-be owners are as discerning as possible because it raises the bar and improves the entire market. Keep the faith gentlemen because as you continue to learn, when your coach hits the market you will know it and will be able to make a very quick and wise decision.

BTW, if the slowdown in the housing market worsens, and it adversely impacts the economy, those that have gone out to buy coaches they really could not afford, they will be dumping them in big numbers. At that point it becomes a buyers market.

Well boy's, if your looking for a real jewel of a 40', it appears big red is coming to the market! Seems Ms Truk and I have the H3 bug, I knew it was only a matter of time. See it at POG, no appointment necessary.

Marathon.jpg
    1997 Marathon XL-40

Default Pog=pos

Prevost Owners Group = Prevost on Sale!

Hey there maybe a number of good units on sale at POG2

Mango- Now we get to call Tom - Fast Tom!! Love it

Tom: That sure is a beauty, if I didn't have one - I'd try to trade you out of it!

Jon: No downturn in the ecomony allowed! Gas prices will be down at least till the Elections!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

matsprt Guest

Default The little women factor

If it was only up to me, Tom would be missing his red bus. However there is always another factor to be considered.
    Hence I've been "told" that I need to find a 2001 or newer, 2 slide Prevost with pre-purchase interior approval or else.

I believe the phrase "if the little women is not happy, no one is happy" applies here....so the search continues.

Michael

One not to well known site to look is California Coach Company out in Costa Mesa CA. He's got a couple of Prevost's at the moment, but not a 2001. Real nice looking '99 there though?

http://www.californiacoachcompany.com

Might be worth putting on your list of sites to check.

Ray

Now that Michael has listed his needs (2001 or newer, 2 slides, an interior that meets his wife's requirements, etc.) the only thing he could have done to make his search harder would be to ask for over the road air.

matsprt Guest

Ray,
    That bus you mentioned is listed as sold !! But nice site, I'll keep checking back.

Jon,
    You should laugh, I think your in a situation very close to the same

And I knew that going into this it was not going to be easy. It took me 18 months to find my "experimental" plastic coach. I did real good on that one and there were quite a few more to pick through.

I'm now hunting in a field with far fewer units. Challenges, love'm.

Michael
    Last edited by matsprt; 09-25-2006 at 03:51 PM.

Sorry about that. Didn't see that it was already sold. So, dumb question on my part. I assume you're looking at Ebay? Strangely enough, lot's of Prevost show up on Ebay. That one dealer out of Texas (Paul Davis?) sells on Ebay all the time. I came real close to going for one from them which was a Beaver built on Prevost chassis.