Thread: motor quit running

wayne moureau Guest

Default motor quit running

wayne moureau here new member have 1997 liberty we purchased in 1997 ,parked in bus barn in magnolia texas ,heat or cold not problem .i start bus at least once a week the last time it ran for app. 15 minutes then shut down as out of fuel have over 1/4 tank have been told to replace fuel filters and refill several times to get fuel to motar. i have a racor model 1000fg. primary and a napa secondary filter .my question is how do i drain and refill the racor filter thank you wayne moureau

Wayne, see if the info in this link can help.

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/pu...ntype=Articles

Wayne,

When I have run out of fuel (in my driveway with about 100 gallons still on board) I reprimed the engine, and filled both the Racor and secondary filters.

First, remove the secondary filter and refill it with fresh diesel. It will not hurt to replace it, but there is no issue re-using it if it was recently changed.

The same applies to the Racor. Remove the top and fill the entire unit to the top with fresh fuel. Replace the element if you choose.

To prime the fuel system locate the priming port on the side of the base the secondary fuel fliter is screwed into. It has a brass hex cap over the priming port which you need to remove. Connect a line to this port for the introduction of fuel. I use a pump up garden sprayer and adapt a tube or fitting to the priming port. Fill the sprayer with diesel. It is good if you can get 2 gallons in, but a gallon should work. Pump up the sprayer to as high as it can go and open the valve and let it push the fuel into the Prevost fuel system.

The fuel is going to run through the fuel system, past the injectors and excess fuel will find its way back into the fuel tank. Do not allow the sprayer to run out of fuel and push air into the system.

Make sure you put fuel in the bus tank. After priming and filling the filters it should start right away.

wayne moureau Guest

Default motor will not start

thank you will try this weekend wayne

Jon I was just looking at this post why would the engine lose prime? usually and air leak? would it not lose prime again after priming it. Did you have a leak or just had to re prime What caused this problem a leak?

Gary,

Since you have been up my driveway you will understand. I have the standard 208 gallon tank plus the optional 90 gallon tank mounted ahead of the standard one.

When I back up my driveway fuel from the main tank runs forward into the 90 gallon tank and unless I get up to the garage door and get the tail of the coach into the garage, I run my fuel lines dry. When that happened I had about 100 gallons left. So now I top off at the local Pilot and don't have to prime the engine when it runs out of fuel at the pickup. No air leaks, just fuel out of reach of the fuel pickup which must be near the rear of the main tank.

Thanks, You could use that driveway in the winter for a ski jump! Takes a brave man to back up that drive, and I thought my 90 degree turns were bad!