Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lithium Ion Batteries

go to mastervolt.com to see the ultimate batteries.

m stuller Guest

Sorry, i think i sent you a reply without finishing my remarks.

Anyway, my point was that it is exciting to read about the new technology that Liberty is employing in thier coaches. I know that Liberty as all other RV builders have suffered with this recession and often companies will stop R&D to reduce cost and product just stays the same for a while until sells return. I am happy to hear you guys are still on the cutting edge and working hard to make your coaches better. Lithium phosphate ion batteries and monitoring systems sounds very exciting, keep it up!!!!!

I do want to send you a letter later to share with you my experinece with my Elegant Lady XL2 i bought new in 2007. I have been blessed and own many complicated toys. I cant tell you how much i have enjoyed my coach. It is beautifully built with great craftsmanship with attention to every detail. I am marveled each time i dig deep and see some new cool thing and in perfect order, i really love my coach.

Matt Stuller coach 655

Default Thread Hijack Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by m stuller View Post

I have been blessed and own many complicated toys. I cant tell you how much i have enjoyed my coach. It is beautifully built with great craftsmanship with attention to every detail. I am marveled each time i dig deep and see some new cool thing and in perfect order, i really love my coach.

Matt Stuller coach 655
    Matt -
    I noticed that you are in Lafayette, LA and couldn't resist relating a recent experience I had there. We were touring with the Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps from Casper, WY, where my son teaches the brass line. We were in New Iberia, LA rehearsing at the high school for a competition at Cajun Field in Lafayette when it was discovered that we had three pairs of uniform shoes missing! Corps management scrambled to have 3 replacement pairs overnighted in from Casper and they were to be picked up at the UPS Customer Center on Commission Blvd in Lafayette. Time was short and I was sent to Lafayette in my tow vehicle to pick up the shoes and hurry back to our housing in New Iberia in time for the corps to "eat, pack, & load" for the trip to the show site in Lafayette. On the way back to the corps, I could see that I was going to be cutting it razor thin time-wise and my foot got a little heavy on the accelerator. Of course, one of LA's finest State Troopers put the radar gun on me about the same time I saw him and immediately turned on his blue lights to pull me over. Okay, my bad, I was going a little fast. The Trooper said he clocked me at 71 mph in a 55 mph zone and he wasn't interested in hearing the reason why I needed to get back to the corps! Needless to say, he wrote me a speeding ticket (the first ticket I've gotten since I was 17 years old and only the third ticket in my entire life). Here's the only part that galls me - When I called to find out the fine, I was told by a snippy woman that it is $253.50!!! I understand being fined for breaking the law and I was in the wrong, but do you guys have to gig me for your entire county budget for the month?

On the other hand, we found the downtown area of New Iberia to be charming and the local characters endearing! As we were exploring a bit in the historic district, a retired school teacher approached us, asked about our bus, and proceeded to give about a 30 minute fascinating dissertation on the historic buildings and landmarks in New Iberia! We also stopped and explored an old local cemetary near downtown (St. Peter's - est. 1838) and had a wonderful time taking pictures of all the old above ground crypts and reading about the decedents on the markers!

All in all - an enjoyable adventure - I just wish it hadn't been so "expensive"!