Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alignment

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HarborBus View Post
    I double checked the tires and after closer inspection I can feel a little cupping on the second tread in on the right front. So I think I'll have them align it. I have no idea what is reasonable, Prevost has quoted $650.00, do you think that is in line????
    Seems a little pricey for a front end alignment, are they replacing quite a few parts?

Default Alignment

I just have had an alignment. Did ask Liberty in Stuart. Fl. where I could get a good alignment. They mentioned " Port St. Lucy Tire" in Port St. Lucy. Florida.
    This company did a very good job, and the charge was $ 125.00
    ( only the front tires.)

I think one thing that should get mentioned when quoting the price is a 3 axle or just the front. This will change the price. I did use Kaiser for my 3 axle and they did a great job!

A toe in or out alignment should be less than $200.00. But if you need more , it will cost more.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

If the bus has had a good three-axle alignment once, does that imply that future alignments are only required at the steer axle?

I can understand the possibility of the front end needing periodic alignment.

Any thoughts regarding the conditions under which you would need to re-visit the tag and drive axles?

Yep: When you knock the crap out of a curb in a turn with the tag & or rear drive. I was quoted 600 bucks for the three axle alignment from Prevost Nashville in 2006. Plus parts if needed.

Inflation has not hit Prevost yet. They have always been High on price.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    Yep: When you knock the crap out of a curb in a turn with the tag & or rear drive. I was quoted 600 bucks for the three axle alignment from Prevost Nashville in 2006. Plus parts if needed.

Inflation has not hit Prevost yet. They have always been High on price.

Roger, then does that mean that my bus had the crap knocked out of it?

JIM

Jimmy C: Those long cold winters in the frozen north are not making you paranoid are they?

Get that bus out and ride, find some bugs to splatter on the windshield. It makes life a lot better when you are burning diesel fuel and making smoke.

and to answer your question =No, that bus was treated very gently while in the southland by yours truly.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Jim C., Don't worry about little things like that. Roger was thinking about you when they gave him that price. He said, "I think I'll let the next owner worry about this one."

Actually, if you haven't noticed a tire problem by now, I doubt that you have an alignment problem. Considering the way the commercial bus drivers handle the buses, I think the alignment components are rather sturdy and don't "necessairly" need adjustment every time we hit a curb.
    Last edited by dale farley; 03-20-2010 at 10:01 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

I see, it was then, a hypothetical example of what would need to be done to the bus for it to require a three axle alignment.

JIM