Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Job But Somebody has to do it!

Default Dirty Job But Somebody has to do it!

I have recently spent considerable time under my coach polishing the slack adjusters in preparation for POG2 and have noticed that the refrigerator wasn't cycling on and off as I felt it should. Checking under the refrigerator inside the coach and was disappointed to see the amount of lint that had accumalated on the coils preventing them from shedding the heat
    After vaccuming and blowing with compressed air - the refrigerator now seems to be cycling off more than on. Mission accomplished.
    Just wanted to pass this on so the rest of you bus drivers could get your hands dirty too.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

You know Rog, that's what I love about you. You're always thinking about your fellow bus driver.

MM

Mike,

I am sure he had one of the porters out there doing all that work. They are probably sick of that bus already.

Obviously Roger has just laid down a smoke screen.

I'm fairly certain I can't see my refrigerator coils while polishing my slack adjusters, so I think we all need to be a little afraid of Fast Roger.

I think what really happened was he pulled the refrigerator out so he could wax the back of it in preparation for the bling contest. Last I heard was that since he has developed skills with his stainless steel polishing techniques he has put a mirror polish on the inside of his fuel tank.

Default It's getting DEEP

I can see now I need to take at least one pair of boots to SF
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

dalej Guest

Default Easy Way Out...

We are back in full swing. We decided before Kerrville we had better get all the wheels pollished, so I got Jan to help out since I needed to change the seals in the drive and tag axles.

Does anyone know if all the seals are the same?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dale,

The tag and steer seals on your coach are the same. The drive is different. If you need the Chicago Rawhide numbers I think I have them recorded somewhere.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

That is a picture of the tag spindle, right?

I would think the drive axle seal is gonna be bigger.

These hubs on these busses require 1 additional step to remove and replace seals. Where most seals are just knocked out with a hammer and punch these hubs have a flange that is attatched to them with bolts that first have to be removed in order to pound out the old seal .

Gonna refill with full synthetic gear lube? Do It Do It

I'll betcha it will be a long time before Jan volenteers for that job again.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 03-25-2007 at 08:41 PM.

dalej Guest

Jon, that would help since I can't read the info on the seal. I have them out on the tag and was going to take it in tomorrow morning. They might be able to measure it.

Is the seal for the sight gauge cap easy to get?

I'm waiting to do the drive axle after the tag, just thought it would be better.

Joe said...Gonna refill with full synthetic gear lube? Do It Do It!

Is that the lube to use? I was going to call Prevost in the morning to see what they recomend.
    Last edited by dalej; 03-25-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Thumbs up

Well Dale, By the looks of how Jan is dressed I'd say winter is over for you. It looks like the party is over too. Are you getting new rubber,( tires are off )? How about a pressure wash of th chassis and a little black paint now that everything is exposed. JIM