Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
If the LLC has a Montana address,wouldn't it be impossible for a state to figure out who owns the coach?Bennett Law uses their address in Montana for the LLC.
I'm not sure how Massachusetts figured it out in this particular case, but they did. I'm sure that with a little digging, it would be easy for them to search every public record involving Montana LLC's and look for out-of-state mailing addresses or such. I have never set up an LLC in Montana, so I don't know what information is collected during the process.

I would guess that if you are full-timing, with only a mail forwarding address of record and little proof that you are a "resident" of another state, it might be more difficult to track you down.

It might also be possible to compare the voting records or DMV records of a state looking for cash against the list of Montana LLC's.

Very little can be truly hidden in this information age. For all I know, if there is an allegation of a crime, it might be even easier for a state agency to get information from the public records of another state.