Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drawer (and cabinet) hardware

Devin W Guest

Default Drawer (and cabinet) hardware

Anybody know a good source for the type of drawer pulls in the pic below? We're getting tired of banging knees (especially around the bed) on the protruding pulls we have now.

sawdust_128 Guest

They are push-button rim latches

Some made by Seadog.

Pemko has some available through west marine.

Hafele has some.

You will need to decide if your's are black or gun metal or oil rubbed bronze.

I'll try to dig up links.

Devin W Guest

Just knowing the brand names and what the latch is called is helpful. I didn't know where to start. I had seen them before and thought it would be easy to find in an RV catalog, but I had not seen any yet. My hardware is chrome and I don't think I'll replace all of it -- just the injury causing offenders -- so I'll probably stick with that (although black or gun metal would look really sweet!)

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

We just purchased 3 of these latches as backup for our Vantare. We got them from Featherlite in Sanford. The complete mechanism cost $68 each.
    Hopefully you'll find them for less...if so, please let us know.
    P.S. Your bus is beautiful!

I am sure Devin's bus is beautiful, but I recognize the interior of the bus pictured. It belongs to Ed Martin a new pogger who just purchased it from us, and will be taking delivery next week.

Steve
    California Coach Company
    Steve & Rhonda Bennett
    Dana Point, CA
    92 Marathon XL40
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
    Owner: California Coach Company, LLC

sawdust_128 Guest

Here is the link to the Hafele catalog page for their rim latches/locks. Much less expensive.

I believe that my accounts at my supply houses are still active (not like they would turn down business anyway) so if you are interested, I would be willing to get together a purchase. I need to replace a couple myself and I want to get a few spares.

If you are interested, P.M. me.

https://hachol02.hafeleonline.com/OA...7B3445359ED90C

I hope this helps.

P.S. on edit
    If you click on the part number at this web site, you get to a pdf of the CAD technical drawing. You will get all the spec information you could possibly need from these drawing. I suggest you get the measure (most of this kind of hardware is metric so measure in millimeters) of the finished thickness of your doors, drawer fronts, closet doors. You will also need to know the diameter of the hole (I think they are usually 20mm on these) through which you will be installing the button. If you don't have these already installed, make sure you have something and someplace to mount/install the latch strike plate.
    Last edited by sawdust_128; 01-20-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Additional info

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Cool

Thanks for the great info, Ed!!

Next time we need parts we'll be checking with you first!!

Devin W Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
    I am sure Devin's bus is beautiful, but I recognize the interior of the bus pictured. It belongs to Ed Martin a new pogger who just purchased it from us, and will be taking delivery next week.

Steve
    California Coach Company
    Steve -- yup, you're right, I borrowed that pic 'cuz my bus has the hardware that sticks out and bites us.

Devin W Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust_128 View Post
    Here is the link to the Hafele catalog page for their rim latches/locks. Much less expensive.

I believe that my accounts at my supply houses are still active (not like they would turn down business anyway) so if you are interested, I would be willing to get together a purchase. I need to replace a couple myself and I want to get a few spares.

If you are interested, P.M. me.

https://hachol02.hafeleonline.com/OA...7B3445359ED90C

I hope this helps.

P.S. on edit
    If you click on the part number at this web site, you get to a pdf of the CAD technical drawing. You will get all the spec information you could possibly need from these drawing. I suggest you get the measure (most of this kind of hardware is metric so measure in millimeters) of the finished thickness of your doors, drawer fronts, closet doors. You will also need to know the diameter of the hole (I think they are usually 20mm on these) through which you will be installing the button. If you don't have these already installed, make sure you have something and someplace to mount/install the latch strike plate.
    I searched through the catalogs and didn't see the part (I think the login for the link expired so it redirects me to a login page). I did find some stuff on other sites, but they were pretty spendy (as mentioned above). Since I have traditional hardware, the drawers actually have an independent catch. I was hoping there might be an even more affordable version that didn't have a catch and striker -- just a pull that pushed in and then popped out when you push on it for opening the drawer. Of course, I could still use an affordable one with a catch, but I'm looking at replacing potentially 20 or more pcs.

scott13 Guest

Default knobsHafele

I ordered just the latches from my lumberyard. They are getting them from Hafele. The cost shouldn't be over ten bucks. I'm not getting the knobs as I can use the old ones.