Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CA Road Trip

Alright, booked into the Pismo Coastal village place for a few days. She only has a few slots for 45 footers and we were able to get one (even though website says 40' max).

Decided against Morro b/c every time we have been there it has been foggy. Will definitely go to Morro though to eat at Taco Temple. Great spot if you haven't tried it.

Thanks for the input.

Had a nice trip out to CA. Ray, we never got close enough to you and Kathy to hang out - thanks for the invite and we look forward to the next time though...

Pismo Coastal is a pretty nice little park and is right on the beach. We were the only Prevost in there all week and I am sure the only 45' of any kind. No problems navigating even with the GX hooked up and we liked the beach vibe of the place. Excellent fire rings and firewood available made for nice evenings in the 50 degree weather.

It is hard not to like the Pismo / SLO / Morro Bay area. Great weather and really laid back. Made the SLO farmers market for the 3rd time Thursday night which is a can't miss street party.

John we had lunch at Mo's one day and dinner at McClintocks another. My college boy threw down on their monster "Baron of Pismo burger challenge" and won a tee shirt. He ate it in about 11 minutes and had the whole place cheering. Turns out he and his buddies do these type of things. I pointed to my ownself and reminded him genetics weren't in his corner on maintaining his 3% body fat, and food challenges were stacking the deck against him.. Good calls though as the food was very good.

Spent a night at the MCCC in Indio. Man, what a place. Unfortunately we basically did a drive through, but I would love to go back and spend some time there. I can see why the SoCali crowd likes to go over there.

Stayed at the Hacienda in Las Cruces our first night out. Right on the interstate, easy in and out made for a good trip overnight. Boondocked both nights on the return at a TA near Phoenix and Walmartinez in Ft Stockton.

LA - what can I say? I pity you guys that have to deal with that constantly. We drove through the east and north side on Sunday morning which left me with my guard down mistakingly thinking it wouldn't be bad. Trafffic, construction, pavement heaves, idiot drivers, ..... oh well.

Thanks for the help - great trip. 3214 miles and the bus ran great. Late yesterday we hit what one of my buddies calls a sweet spot.....great sunset on the W Texas desert, pavement smooth as glass, and we were just humming along in the quiet, silky smooth comfort of the bus taking it all in.