Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many service their Webasto

Default How many service their Webasto

Maybe this question has been kicked around but didn't see anything on the topic.

Probably falls into the Ford vs Chev or Plastic Shield vs Beatup- Dented Front End but, there seems to be two schools of thought. ONE: never touch the Webasto if it is working and TWO: service the Webasto every year.

What is the group's opinion?

Mine is and has worked perfectly. Other than running it and changing the fuel filter I don't do anything to it.

I do polish the copper piping however which contributes to its trouble free service.

dreamchasers Guest

My routine is to change the filter and nozzle every 1 - 2 years and do any repairs as needed. However, this year I replaced both hot water circulating pumps for increased reliability. My coach is a 1995, with the original pumps.

I do like the gentle of the Wabasto system.

Hector

I've stopped using the bus air for heat and just run the Webasto going down the road. Quieter and better heat as it's coming off the floor as opposed to coming out around the windows.

Orren Zook Guest

I just change the fuel filter, and have been using the wabasto instead of the OTR while on the road.

My "service" of the Webasto consists of using it on a regular basis and changing the fuel filter annually.

I think a lot of times these burners are simply not being used enough, causing minor problems.

I did have a combustion chamber that was a bit out of round, so I replaced it.

Like Paul, I change the fuel filters (two in mine) and run it at least once a month, year round. Several years ago it started smoking, changed the nozzle and its been fine ever since. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

It depends on how much you use it. Since we spend a lot of time in Alaska & Canada we service ours at least every other year to include, filter, nozzle and cleaning out the combustion chamber.

I follow the PrevoMan guidelines. He is a knowledgeable man with integrity. Replace the nozzle once a year and you will be trouble free.
    Last edited by JIM KELLER; 03-03-2010 at 02:58 PM.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

sticks Guest

Default MangoMike's posting

Interesting comment on using the webasto heat instead of the OTR heat. I seem to be cold around my feet with the OTR heater if below 25-30 degrees outside.( yes I have the controls set correctly )( yes the front shutters are closed). Is the webasto ON the best option?