Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level Low

Default Level Low

Just a little FYI regarding the level low. A few times I have parked the bus and within two days the front end has dropped it's nose. There are no leaks that I can find in any of the valves or front bags. No leans, just low in the front end.

The solution is to once again cycle through the various positions with the level low switch and then go back to the drive position and leave it there about 1 minute before shutting off the engine. Then it seems to hold for probably months with no problem.

It seems like the level low switch is very touchy and if you turn it quick from any of the adjustment positions to drive and shut off the bus, it kinda of acts like the valves don't catch up quick enough to hold when you kill the power.

I don't have an aux compressor, so I hook shop air to the aux tank valve, turn on the key and then play around with the switch positions without having to run the engine. It's amazing how much air is sucked out of the aux tank when trying to raise the rear sides or front. This also helps when looking for air leaks since there is no engine noise.

Now if there was just a way to not get a bath in soapy water while looking for valve leaks.

Orren Zook Guest

We have an ultrasonic leak detector in our service department that emits a digital sound through earphone/headset when leaks are detected. A shop that works on bulk (blow down) tankers should have one these in your area... any cement or limestone fleets nearby?

I have seen an ultrasonic leak detector in use and it is an excellent way to pinpoint leaks, but there is a poor man's leak detector and that is a $5.00 stethoscope.

A while back I had a leak somewhere in the engine bay and my ears told me it was on the RH side, forward of the big alternator near the starter. My stethoscope, with a small funnel on the end located it on the small bellows that tensions the fan belt, and it located the leak in seconds.

lewpopp Guest

Default Microphor piston rebuilt

Relentless.. Thanks, I got the bolt today. I think you sent it to me. What kind of business are you in?

I rebuilt the Microphor toilet piston because it was giving me troubles. I would have to flush it twice to shut it off. I was afraid a stranger would flush it and leave it running. Now it's fixed and go to go again.

I had a few problems because I didn't have an owners manual. The instructions that came with the rebuild kit was dofficult to digest. I'm sure the book would have broken it down better.

Lew,

Not that it would help you on your cell phone dial up system, but I think the manuals and stuff for your toilet are posted on the information part of the POG website. Or at least I sent them to Jim Skiff some time back.

If you have a manual issue, don't forget to look at the site for pdf manuals and such. Also, I have most of these manuals downloaded on a USB drive that I keep in the coach. Very handy when you are in BFE without any internet service.

lewpopp Guest

Thanks Jer,

What were those things pictured below message? I noticed some plug ins and what the frig was the chain and clasp? Was that bounty you got from the last firgate you stormed? Arrrrrggghhhhh

It would be nice to get a CD for all of the manuals.

I guess I'll just fade into the sunset and hope for the best and hope some pirate doesn't raid me. He'll get really angry when there is nothing to pilage.

Winchester,

I see the chains....where are the whips?

Default shop air

Truk4u: I read with great interest your comment about the level low - and hooking up to your shop compressor. I hooked up to mine and at 110 psi, wouldn't lift up- How much PSI at your place? Or maybe I just couldn't get enough volume. It seems there is a restriction in flow going in, but flows out quicker than I want it to. Must be the added weight of the generator baffle - I just realized how much they weigh from Mango's photo
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Roger Dodger,
    Mine will go to 120, but 110 sould be enough to get you to ride height. The front end comes up a little, but the only way to really get it to raise is to dump the tag axle. Mine also has an air filler valve stem in the steering bay, looks like a tire valve, that will also pump up the aux tank. When I use either fill method, it seems to go in as fast as it comes out.

IMG_0443_1.JPG
    Valve stem air is just below and a little right of the aux gauge

Jon, I'm stumped! Now the front end is down overnight. No leaks at any of the valves in the steering compartment and nothing at the valves under the front end. If I cycle the level low valve to one of the three positions and then turn the valve back to drive, when I turn off the key, there is a quick small blast of air from somewhere under the bus. This blast of air must be coming from a valve and maybe it's not sealing off, but I can't hear anything leaking. Looking for help from the master to narrow down my search! POG is near, gotta hurry...

Tom,

As the weather gets colder we're going to find that those small leaks will no longer "heat" seal. It will be an eye opener in SF w/ 30* mornings.

Get out the soapy water.

Mike