Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Flying Today

This is the baby in the family
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's the real one.

Well I think we are going to be able to make it to the POG rally. We had a company / customer function that weekend, but it got rescheduled, so it may be a go. Although it is almost 1000 miles from Houston to Polk City and the driving time shows to be +/-15 hours, to miss the inaugural event would be a shame. And since part of my enjoyment in life is having fun at the expense of others, this seems like a perfect setting. Right Lew?

And as I need to get my wife to drive part of the way and don't figure we will need a toad for two days of hanging out, we will most likely leave the Scout and the H3 at the house and hopefully someone who drove 2 hours to get there will take pity on us and drive us around if need be.

Well by the time I typed the post above, Jon had already posted the sweet airplane photos.

The paint on the 150 looks pretty new. Ever have to change out the clutch on the starter? I learned to fly in a 150 and it was a great plane. Until in inadvertantly spun it doing take off and departure stalls by myself

Now the 210 is the rig. Does the radar still work? I have only had NEXRAD in the cockpit for 8 months and I don't know how I flew IFR without it. I have been well pleased with XM Weather. Do you have any panel shots?

Here are my before and after, but the after is not current.

I bought the 150 about 1 1/2 years ago as a toy and it is Jamestown, NY with my son-in-law now while he gets his instrument rating in it.

The 210 has been my workhorse and has RDR160 color radar, Strikefinder, is certified for known ice, and has AC. I have perfect timing in that I redid the entire panel in 1996 just before the Garmin revolution.

It has dual KX165s, a KLN90B, ADF, dual HSI, dual Transponder with the #1 being the new style King digital. Everything works. I get XM through my 396 so if I am dumb enough to tangle with a thunderstorm I better quit flying.

I've put about 2800 hours on it. I'm now flying it LOP after 18 years of ROP.

Hey, what do you know. I fly mine LOP as well. I have had the GAMI's in since the factory reman went in two years ago. I now have the 330 transponder and a Series 30 S-Tec autopilot with GPSS and alt. hold. I have not found anything that Garmin makes that I don't like. I am leaning toward an MX 20 MFD as the next addition.

Do you use the radar even with the 396?