Thread: any thoughts about the h3-40 chassis

wave Guest

Default any thoughts about the h3-40 chassis

How would this h3 40 chassis compare with the xl or with the h3 45. Advantages/disadvantages?

Tnx,

Wave

Year, Converter, Miles etc....

Wave,

In a H3-45 you already loose some living space due to the lowered drivers cockpit. This is exaggerated in the H3-40. I think resale also would be tougher with this model.

Mike

I think we all have to recognize that in evaluating a coach, apart from the detailed condition inspection required before money changes hands, any coach being considered MUST produce that eureka moment.

Mango talks about resale, but that is a non issue if the owner intends to keep the coach for a long time. If the owner intends to flip coaches often then instead of looking at what suits his needs, he has to consider what the market wants.

I like that coach on several levels. If the 41 foot length works for Wave he will find he can go places easier than some of our 45 footers. What the H loses in interior floor space is more than made up for in bay space, one of the true benefits of an H model.

I see that coach as a great way to get into a Prevost relatively cheap, even if he has to redo the entire underside as preventive maintenance, including air bags, brake chambers and Norgrens. With the Stainless Steel frame of the H model that coach has a lot of life and a lot to offer.

Jon's comments are spot on.
    We enjoy our H3-40, expect to keep it for a while, appreciate the shorter length for it's maneuverabilty and that it allows us to tow a bit longer stacker (when we find the perfect one) and still be legal.
    Still remember the eureka moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    I think we all have to recognize that in evaluating a coach, apart from the detailed condition inspection required before money changes hands, any coach being considered MUST produce that eureka moment.

Mango talks about resale, but that is a non issue if the owner intends to keep the coach for a long time. If the owner intends to flip coaches often then instead of looking at what suits his needs, he has to consider what the market wants.

I like that coach on several levels. If the 41 foot length works for Wave he will find he can go places easier than some of our 45 footers. What the H loses in interior floor space is more than made up for in bay space, one of the true benefits of an H model.

I see that coach as a great way to get into a Prevost relatively cheap, even if he has to redo the entire underside as preventive maintenance, including air bags, brake chambers and Norgrens. With the Stainless Steel frame of the H model that coach has a lot of life and a lot to offer.