Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6V-92 Driving style

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Sure would be nice to get the straight poop from Allison. If I remember correctly, DD said something about a seal problem on the HT series when converting to Transynd.

Orren - Do you have any contacts that could clarify this?
    Tom, I had this service performed at W.W.Williams in Hubbard Ohio about 3 years ago, their number is 330-534-1161. I was having the transmission fluid and filters changed as part of scheduled maintenance and Dan (service manager at that time) recommended the conversion to transynd. It was a good 'upgrade' for me.

I dont know how straight this poop is, but Florida Detroit suggested I stay with the original fluid unless I had high temp issues. I had my transmission fluid changed two years ago and specifically questioned them on this at the time. I stayed with what had been working. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Random thoughts.....

Two stroke engines really require good coolant maintenance or the radiator tends to plug contributing to cooling issues. If the radiator is in good shape and kept that way the engine will run 180 all day long, and may get up to 195 pulling a long hill. If you do not have proof the coolant and conditioners were serviced every two years plan on a radiator replacement.

I put about 250,000 miles on our 8V92 and the sweet spot was 1800. Below that and it lugged and downshifted. In that coach it was around 62 I think.

I ignored the pyros other than to make sure they were somewhat equal and to tell me the jake was working. On the steepest hill with the engine maxed out pulling hard thay would stabilize at 1100.

The only downside to the 2 stroke engines was fuel consumption. They had a sound that was so sweet it made up for poor mileage.