Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought one of the "Veteran" Prevosts

Jon:

It is a Liberty Conversion on a La Mirage chassis. I agree with you about the heater, it is water vapor, (I think) and am monitoring the coolant to make sure it is staying full. Unfortunatly the documentation I have although very complete from Prevost is less so for Liberty. Not clear where the heat exchangers are from the documentation, but have found them by trial and error. Also not clear the path to and from the front of the coach.

Will need some help with the ee, going into shore power to see what happens as a way of isolating the issue.

The weight of this little puppy is interesting with full fuel and totally full bays (the owner gave me two cases of oil, extra jake, extra alternator, sound deadening for the gen, extra belts, pulleys, all the hoses for camping and for the engine etc, it weighed 11740 in the front and 20620 in the rear, for a total of 32360, which is a bit chunky but solid.

chuckd
    Stillwater Mn

That vintage of coach will not bear any similarity to the coaches of today with respect to the electrical systems, but even worse, over the years the original systems may have been "upgraded" possibly by professionals or possibly by shade tree mechanics.

If you get some time try to describe how you think your house is set up. Ignore the chassis. The two should be isolated from one another.

If I were to guess your coach when built had a selector switch to be set depending on whether shore power, generator power, or inverter power was to be used for the 120V AC circuits.

I suspect it had a converter or two powered by the generator or shore power to keep the house batteries charged and the house DC circuits such as lighting were separated into two systems.

It is likely that 120V AC power from batteries would have come from a DC motor driven AC generator, something no longer seen, and now replaced by an inverter or inverter/charger.