Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today at PILOT

Default Today at PILOT

Attachment 6094

I stopped for a food break on the way home from Las Vegas. As I was stepping out of the Pilot store, a Truck driver in one of the Pump lanes pulled out and turnd right into the Truck next to him. The driver of the Damaged cab had just stepped out with me and seeing what happened, he almost dropped to his knees. He just craddled his head in his hands in disbelief.
    Lise said; Luck that wasn't us. No s..t!
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Attachment 6095

Here is the Front shot
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

The RV lane is looking better and better.
    Greg

Orren Zook Guest

must have been in his 'blind' spot....... really though, that kind of thing happens all the time, if the first truck hadn't run his tandems up on something solid(like the steering axle of the second truck) he probably would have kept right on driving. You really do need to be careful where you park at a truck stop.

They call them professionals

Just another step in becoming an "experienced" driver.....There but for the grace of God go I.

Would that be called a "NO BRAINER"??? or an "OH SH.T MOMENT" ???

I had a pre-cast concrete business in the 70's and did a lot of truck driving. Mostly six wheelers, but we had a couple of semis we also used for hauling patio blocks and burial vaults between plants in PA and NY.

Maybe I'm dreaming, maybe it is age, but the shift in professionalism of drivers between then and now seems profound. Those photos seem to illustrate just how poor some drivers are and only serve to reinforce why I am perfectly happy to drive 1500 to 1800 miles before refueling just to minimize my truck stop "experiences".

Car drivers are no better on average and in fact seem worse at times.

My preferred Pilot is about 3 miles from my house and only has 3 fueling islands for trucks. No waiting, and with my Pilot card I never leave the side of the coach. Seeing pictures like that makes me appreciate the ability to avoid truck stops most of the time. It's bad enough on the road when they pull in before the rear of the trailer has cleared your side.

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    Attachment 6094

I stopped for a food break on the way home from Las Vegas. As I was stepping out of the Pilot store, a Truck driver in one of the Pump lanes pulled out and turned right into the Truck next to him. The driver of the Damaged cab had just stepped out with me and seeing what happened, he almost dropped to his knees. He just craddled his head in his hands in disbelief.
    Lise said; Luck that wasn't us. No s..t!
    And the idiot that hit him did it on the driver's side!!! No blind spot there, just head up ass. Unfortunately it is becoming that way all over. The true professional driver appears to be going away and replaced with those who can barely manage to find the truck, much less drive it safely and effectively.

Seems like proper protocol for those guys is to haul ass all over the place at the truck stop no matter how crowded. I swear I have seen them driving 30 mph through the fuel lane.

Just listen to the radio for a while on the interstate and you get a feel for who is out there behind the wheel. Not very impressive.