After a little research, I discovered there is not a decent RV park within a zip code of downtown San Antonio so we decided to try our hand at a little "Urban Boondocking".

So last night we find out there isn't any decent parking in or around downtown SA that will accommodate a bus overnight and we end up parked down by the Mercado between Mi Terra and Pico de Gallo almost directly under the I-35 overpass not quite a mile from the Alamo. I finally found three vacant parking meters in a row that I could park next to. They charge from 8am to 6 pm which works out to $25 per day to park. Not too bad other than having to plug the meter every +/- 2 hours.

Lessons learned - You really need to scout out a parking place either way late at night or very early in the morning to make this work if there is a lot going on. And driving a 45'er through a cramped downtown setting that bends around a river pulling a toad in the traffic is not fun either. I think we may need to consider an Urban Boondocking forum where we can coalless all the Jeff Baylee advice and other useful tips so we can refine this down to an art.