Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West Coast Mini-Rally

Default West Coast Mini-Rally

I hope things got off to a Great start---as always those of us that had to miss it sure would like updates and pix. Thanks and have fun.

Sorry Larry, you know the old slogan What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

Sid, you should be very happy about that. Maybe there will be some undercover picture taken going, better be on your best behavior.

Had a great time last nite @ the potluck!! I think Ray Davis will be posting some pictures since I notice him sneeking around snapping them

Thanks Sid. How many Buses?

Hi Larry, I think there are 20 buses here. There is also a display coach here from a company from Texas. The conversion is LifeStyle Coach by Coachworks,L.L.C. built on a 2010 Prevost. The guys name is Steve Gray. It's a great looking conversion!! I know I would consider it if I was in the market. The web site LifeStle Custom Coach
    Last edited by Sid Tuls; 02-13-2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Added website

Default Warm

The weather turned warm today. A really beautiful day in LV.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Except for Sid's Bus Count and Gary's WX Report, this has to have been a "Stealth" Rally. What, No PIX or comments on all the Fun that was had?
    If it wasn't for Sid and Gary those of us unable to attend wouldn't know that a Rally took place.

After being going for 5 days, I'm buried at work. I will try to post some pictures later, as I get a few minutes

We had about 20 coaches, plus about 3-4 more members who had lots at the park.

I think the rally was a big success. As Jeep mentioned in the other thread, this was more an informal gathering, as opposed to a very structured rally. There were 3 events planned, which included a pot-luck on Friday evening, a Saturday morning breakfast, sponsored by Jim Skiff, and then we were all invited to the Valentines party at the park Saturday evening.

We had our "typical" POG fix-em-up too. I noticed Mike Dee's engine running and when I walked over he was looking for the source of an oil leak that had pretty badly sprayed the engine compartment. I indicated that it was probably the alternator seal, since I had had a similar problem on my coach. Keven Erion did the repair on mine a couple of months ago. Well, as luck would have it, Kevin had a spare repair kit, and changed out Mike's alternator seal on-the-spot. Still waiting for final note from Mike that the leak is now history.

Al Griefer had an issue with not being able to unlock his entry door. He mentioned he was probably have to call CoachNet. I was thinking more about calling POG Net! Anyway, problem was determined that his door was locked, but not fully closed, causing the door lock mechanism to bind.

I ran DDEC reports on a couple of buses. No major faults found. Mike Simmons has a really nice running coach, averaging 8.5+ MPG! Couldn't run a full DDEC report on FlyU2There's coach (DDEC 3 not 4), but was able to read and reset codes, and also reset the time on his DDEC (it was set for 1992 sometime)

Several of us took the opportunity to enjoy the Las Vegas area. Kevin and his girls hit the major roller coasters in town. Many of us spent some time (and some money) at the Bass Pro Shop, which was just down the block from us.

Sunday evening Kathy and I joined Mike and Jean Simmons and Brian and Bev Essler and went to Mystere (Cirque d Solei) at Treasure Island. Pat and Sheri went off to see Carlos Santana at the Hard Rock, while Harry and Shirley joined Sid and Judy in seeing Garth Brooks.

The resort was wonderful. We had rally bags, discount coupons, cookies and valentines candy upon arrival. I walked the park several times over the 5 days, and spoke with lot's of residents. They were really happy to have us there.

I will try to post some pics later, but in all honesty, I had forgotten to take pictures of a lot of the stuff! Just too darned busy!

Ray

parksincpp Guest

Had a great time. Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome to our first rally. Thank you Ray & Kathy for everything.