Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie - first post but not the last

Default Newbie - first post but not the last

Picking up our bus next Wednesday. Can't wait to get her on the road.

First big trip will be to take my 87 year old father to the Grand Canyon. It's on his "bucket list" and that's a good enough reason to take a long trip and help me get used to the extra 5 feet.

The only problem we have initially is where to put all the stuff we removed from our ex-plastic 4 slide coach. Maybe this is a good time to get rid of stuff that we really don't need.

So far I have found a lot of useful information on this site.
    Ron & Suzie Hampton
    2001 Marathon H3-45
    Ford Edge towinf 4 down

Welcome Ron and Suzie. Maybe if you have time, you can join us at one of the mini-rallies coming up this month (and next).

East coast or west coast, take your pick!

Ray

ps: Kudo's for having your signature line in place on your first post!!!

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Ron & Suzy: Welcome to POG!!! You picked the right coach when you chose Liberty. Would love for you to come to our mini-rally at Outdoor Resorts in Port St. Lucie, just a few miles South of you, Feb. 18 to 22.

Welcome Ron & Suzie, you picked the right bus! Oh by the way, if it doesn't have OTR, don't worry, you don't need it and you have company...

Welcome to the asylum Ron and Suzie. As a Liberty owner try not to have that smug smile around owners of other conversions. They already know, and that smile will just remind them.

We Liberty owners have got your back.

Welcome Ron and Suzie. You will find the information you gather from this forum is well worth the price of admission.

Just don't get caught up in the riff-raff of the hard-core Liberty guys. They've told so many lies about their conversions until they've actually started believeing it themselves.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Welcome Ron & Suzie! Liberty Schimberty! The important thing is you have a Prevost, Dude!

parksincpp Guest

Welcome Ron and Suzie. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

Devin W Guest

Default From one newbie to another...

Welcome aboard. I'm pretty recent here myself and have found that there is a lot of valuable knowledge and experience to be had.

BTW, I noticed from another thread that you posted on that you have an observation deck. That's something that my wife and I had talked about to be able to enjoy the views or get some sun. I'd be curious to see some pictures and learn a little about the construction and attachment of something like that.

Thanks!
    Devin

Default We have her

Brought her home yesterday. Went to the local Flying J to fill up. Noticed hub oil coming from the drivers side tag axle. Pulled the covers and noticed that it was overfilled. Changed the oil and put a new red cap in just in case.

Now I have to address a lot of air leaks. The toilet hisses constantly. Bus lowers on the drivers side soon after parking. Stairwell cover comes out but will not retract. Aux compressor will not shut off.

We were planning on a trip to Port St. Lucie but decided against it due to the nagging problems.

We have owned 4 other motorhomes. This is our first Prevost and now I see what all the hubub is about. This bus is fantastic to drive. The ride and handling is outstanding.

The coach has some stainless steel dings and, believe it or not, I wasn't responsible for any of them.

Our last motorhome was a 40 footer and that experience helped me in getting used to the bus.

Inspite of these issues, we are happy with the purchase.
    Ron & Suzie Hampton
    2001 Marathon H3-45
    Ford Edge towinf 4 down