Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vantare'

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Vantare'

Going back almost a year, while at the Tom Johnson rally, I questioned the team from Amadas about the status of coach documentation they may have acquired along the way. At that time, I was informed that whenever possible, Featherlite - Vantare' original engineering, build and service documents would be made available. I was informed that all of this was going to occur but because of all of the other immediate business needs related to the Acquisition by Amamdas, it might take some time to get this done.

Recently, stimulated by the Country Coach posts, I followed up on this and to my pleasant surpirse I received a very positive response. In short order and for a reasonable fee, I should have have in hand soon, some very interesting reading on my coach.

Additionally, Amadas Coach representatives made it abundantly clear that they are prepared to support owners with Vantare' coaches.

Vantare' owners, here are the important numbers.

Corporate Headquarters:
    1007 Obici Industrial Blvd.
    Suffolk, VA 23434
    757.923.3374 Office (Ed's note:Featherlite products support)
    757.925.2803 Fax

Blue Ridge Facility:
    2473 Pilot Mountain Rd
    Moneta , VA 24121
    540.297.6371 Office
    540.297.1871 Fax

www.amadascoach.com

I hope that this works out and that this is helpful to everyone with a Vanatare'. I personally find this to be a very encouraging starting point.

At the OKC rally, I said I would make a copy of my Featherlite Owner's Manual because some people didn't have access to one. My coach is a 2005 but might have valid information for other conversion years. I have finally scanned every page and will be glad to send you a CD of the manual if you'll message me with your address. We also have the Prevost manual for that year if anyone needs that information also but I haven't scanned that one yet. I'm going to do it anyway just so we have an extra copy and keep it somewhere safe.

Bonnie

Bonnie,

There is a guy here at PSL with a 2005 H and cannot get his Guest Charger for the chassis batteries to work. I tried to help, but cannot find the switch anywhere on the bus to turn on the charger. I tried the engine bay outlet switch, block heater and everything else on the bus. The charger appears to be factory installed and has it's own 120 V power supply mounted next to the charger in the engine bay, starboard side.

Must be a hidden button somewhere known only to Featherlite!

Default Battery charger

Tom,
    There's a button on the electrical panel inside the bus that says "air compressor/battery charger". This button has to be pushed in. Try that and let me know if that works. If not, I'll go to the manual.

Bonnie

Tom,
    Is he trying to start the coach or what? If that's the case, he can start it by pushing the "battery boost" button on the panel of buttons to the right of the driver under the camera monitor.

Bonnie

Bonnie,

We tried that button also, but still no power at the 120 V plug. I walked them through the "boost" from the house batteries to get the engine running. They hadn't run the engine since Sept. I also checked the AC circuit breakers and none were tripped. In the meantime, they can just run an extension cord from a bay power source to the Guest to keep it online.

The bus is still here at their site, but they have left town. They had called and left messages for 3 days at Featherlite and couldn't get a call back. They were'nt going to use the bus, just wanted to run the engine.

Sorry I missed your call, I posted then hit the sack. See you and Don in Mobile and thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by bonhall41 View Post
    At the OKC rally, I said I would make a copy of my Featherlite Owner's Manual because some people didn't have access to one. My coach is a 2005 but might have valid information for other conversion years. I have finally scanned every page and will be glad to send you a CD of the manual if you'll message me with your address. We also have the Prevost manual for that year if anyone needs that information also but I haven't scanned that one yet. I'm going to do it anyway just so we have an extra copy and keep it somewhere safe.

Bonnie
    Bonnie: I would appreciate a copy. I will email you my info ,let me know of any costs will be happy to reimburse you.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Tom,
    I'm surprised Featherlite hasn't called them back. They have always returned our calls immediately. We've called the emergency number in the middle of the night and they called back. We apologized and they said that's why they're there.
    We had been having trouble with our chassis batteries also and found we had a bad voltage regulator. It had fried the batteries so we were using the "battery boost" to start every time.
    Hope they get their problem worked out.

Bonnie

No charge for the CD. Isn't that what POG is all about?

Bonnie

Featherlite Coaches Rochester is a sponsor. Randy Mitchell should be able to help out. Call him at 507.533.2000 or his cell at 641-220-3410

Jim