I'd have to take my door apart and play with it a little, but a release rod or cable accessible behind the door handle housing plug button might be the ultimate solution. That way the window remains latched, but if the handle fails digging out the plug button and then pulling on a cable release would upon the door. One of my cars has electric door handles. But if the battery goes dead or if the device should fail there is a release cable in the trunk and the door key will open the trunk if needed.

Remember that even if a bad guy knew of the cable it would do him no good unless the door was unlocked.

As an alternative that nobody mentions is the passenger side windshield. In less than 5 minutes the windshield can be removed. (XL coaches only). It should go back in in about 30 minutes at the most. We all like to think our coaches are secure, but they are easily accessed if someone is determined. An entry through the windshield will not set off any alarms. Ditto with side windows on an XL except those with the awning or slider windows.