Well, we actually took the plunge and bought a 1991 Prevost Beaver Conversion, a week before Christmas, but due to our plans to surprise some friends in Quartzsite, we kept our purchase on the "hush-hush". They were expecting us to show up in our GMC 4107 conversion, ha ha. We've been on the road ever since, so I haven't taken the time until now to say HELLO.

We're still among the working poor in Mustang, OK, our home base, doing hvac/plumbing work when we have to, traveling when we can sneak away. The trip to Quartzsite was a lucky break for us, and we're, sniff sniff, on our way home again. It was a little scary to buy a coach and immediately drive it on a 3000 mile trip, but we've been very pleased with the rig and have had a great time.

This coach is #12, of the 34 Jim mentioned on a previous post as having been converted by Beaver Coach during the 1990-1992 time period. It's the LeMirage XL, 40', 102", with the 8v92 turbo, with 174,000 miles on it.
It has the light oak interior, all the bells and whistles you'd expect, with the extra treat of having four Astral roof sightseer windows, which really give the coach a wide-open look.

We're not exactly NEW to buses, as we have been driving a 4107 which was converted by Sundance Coach back in the 80's, and had just really gotten going on a MCI-9 that we were converting ourselves. Although we will miss out on the challenges and satisfaction of doing a custom conversion for ourselves, we just couldn't justify the time and cost involved compared with the price we paid for this bus. My personal woodshop can be put to plenty of use finishing up the woodwork on our home, and Larry's numerous metal working and mechanical skills never lack for projects. Shoot, even if our work trucks didn't needs his attention, the numerous tractors, backhoes,trackhoe, dozer, grader, bobcat. . .(oh goodness, need I go on?) all are in line for some sprucing up, and I'm sure he'll find some other piece of equipment he's just GOT to have. (He has every welder ever invented, I SWEAR! Each one was purchased with the insistance "this weldor does EVERYTHING i'll ever need to do, it'll be the LAST welder I'll EVER have to buy. . uh huh, sure, siiiigh.

Anyway, I digress. . . hello to everyone and be prepared for some serious "brain-picking" as we learn the ins and outs of this new-to-us bus. Christy Hicks