Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our Introduction,New to Prevosts, New to Pog, OLD Rvers

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default USER CP

Christy and Larry,

Since Jim stirred the pot, what he was referring to was an AVATAR - a picture of your bus, you and Larry, or anything you so choose. Go to the menu bar, click on User CP then on Edit Avatar. You can then select your choice of what you want to show up beneath your User Name.

I've got to change mine as it is getting old - just like me! I'm not sure what I'll find but it will be newer than the one there now - or maybe not.

I'm off to start looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Garner View Post
    what he was referring to was an AVATAR
    Yes, I realize that I don't have a picture of us w/our bus on there yet, but you see, two days after we purchased it, we were hit with the biggest blizzard in Oklahoma in over 85 years, following by record breaking cold temps. We couldn't put the bus inside the shop, because although our other bus fit inside, this one was 4" taller than the door, so we then had to wait for the door supplier to get out there and add another panel to the door, which, of course, they couldn't do for a week! Then, we had to pull out our other bus, which WONDERFULLY, decided to develop a leak at the fuel pump, so then we had to wait until we could get a pump that Monday. . .well, you can sort of see how my life goes, haha!

Finally, we were able to pull TempBus out, back this one in and then shoehorn TempBus back in in her original "bus slot", in the dark, in freezing cold weather, not knowing for sure of both were even goign to fit, ha ha. We had originally stored our MCI-9 in the spot we used for the Beaver, but the Beaver has the Webasto and Generator tail pipes that stick out about a foot out the rear, and the big mirrors that stick forward a foot, and all the measuring in the world wasn't going to tell us if Larry could weave TempBus throught that 10' wide door and still kick the rear end far enough over to clear the mirrors on this one without smacking a door, frame, wall, or post lift. It was a hoot.

It wouldn't been so bad, I think, if it had been daylight and if some new friends in their Beaver Conversion weren't there patiently watching to see if we could get the deed done, so that they could pull in and park for a quick visit as they were on there way through town. I was just SURE we'd scratch SOMETHING in front of our new friends and show them just how INEPT we really were!

What's kind of funny is, the next morning, when our employees showed up for work, several commented that "I guess the bus didn't fit inside the garage after all. . ", because the other Beaver looked so similar to ours everyone just assumed it was ours!

Anyway, now that I've gone way off the topic, um, yeah, we didn't get pictures of us with our bus yet, as it was just too darn cold to be out there with a grin on my face! Grimace maybe!

Christy Hicks
    1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Any Photo will do.

Christy,

Sounds like you had a Jimmy C moment there with the storm and the barn door. Jimmy C built a nice new bus barn for his coach and then posted a photo from inside the barn looking out the door at a snow covered coach. Jokingly I posted to Jimmy C the idea in building a barn was to put the Bus inside not the owner. I just hope he did not have to wait for the spring thaw before getting to put the bus in the barn.

BTW, my initial Avatar was of Carole, Sully (our grandson) and me in the Lotus tent at the 2007 US Open, Oakmont PA. So as the title says, any photo or cartoon will do. It does not have to be of you, Larry and the Beaver.

Ok, well, how about I use my favorite picture of me and my beautiful (and only) grandbaby, Karley, 5 1/2, who just LOVES her "Ma". let's see if this works!

That's nice the Christy Chicks !

JIM

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    That's nice the Christy Chicks !

JIM
    HAHAH, well, that IS funny! Actually, because a female hvac/plumbing contractor is still a bit of an anomaly, it was even more so back in the 80's when I first connected to the internet (yeah! REALLY early stages).

I often signed my paperwork as C. Hicks, so it was natural that my first e-mail address (which I use to this day) was "c hicks" or "chicks". I didn't realize that time and spam would pass and grow exponentially, and I've often wondered how many times I get "spam-filtered" from people's e-mail because me e-mail address is chicks@ionet.net, ha ha.